What to make from oak flooring.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameshow

Established Member
Reaction score
I picked up approx 2sqm of 150x18mm of oak flooring maximum lengths 1m

Any idea what I can make from it..

Table top comes to mind or chest of drawers.

Cheers James

I made some boxes about 10” x6” about 5” deep with rope handle loops through the ends, one for home tools and one for shoe cleaning kit, just lap jointed. Also a shop counter for a Charity shop.
Thing to note if glueing T&G together is that usually the top surfaces of the floorboards touch before the bottom edges so if not careful it won’t produce a flat board, as you cramp it up the board rises up. And of course the underside of the boards often have relieving grooves running along to help stop cupping. Ian

Pretty much anything you want to lol, I was given an old oak floor a couple of years ago, made all sorts of small items including pens but wouldn't be hard to glue some strips together, I would probably take the tongue & groove off it if I was going to do that. I just wish they had taken a bit more care when they lifted it but having said that I guess it was free lol

I made some small (approx 18" x 12") tables on 6" round wooden legs to take PC monitors as Xmas presents last year. Excellent. Legs were attached via 6mm threaded inserts. Then made another 3 as small tables to put cat food plates on. Remarkably strong items.
Cheers, Phil

Back