what to make for mothers day!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomaskennedy

Established Member
Reaction score
hi,
i know i may be a little to late to ask but..........
i need some inspiration onn what to make for mothers day!
maybe something on the lathe!

if anyone could help me out that would be great!!!! :D

Cheers

Tom

Cripes, Tom, that's cutting it fine. :shock: Does she like gardening? A turned dibber or decorative finials to go on the top of plant supports are always popular. Or some off cuts of something durable like oak can be cut to make plant labels, with copper wire from old 'leccy cables if you want to tie them on. Sewing? A needle case isn't too bad. Just a spindle with a hole down the middle and a decorative top with a spigot to jam in as the top. A honey dipper? Got any cedar in your stash? A few turned pieces on ribbon to hang in the wardrobe are useful. Cheese board? Bread board? Boxes of any sort are always popular. How that gets the inspiration flowing a bit. :? Good luck, and let us know if you made it in time :wink:

Cheers, Alf

ah theres nothing like giving someone a present you hand crafted your self, something that you planned for weeks :wink:

A few years ago now I made my mum a No. 7 sign for the house. She seemed to like it but I never got round to put it up, it's still sitting inside the porch and now we're moving house :oops:

Anyway good luck with whatever you make her :)

ive decided to make her a foot massager, i saw it on a website a while ago!
shhhhh she doesn't know so i hope it will be done in time!

ive just turned the handles but im going to town now to get a card!

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom

thomaskennedy":cnvbo55w said:
there! i did it, although it was a bit rushed :oops: never mind it works (i tested it myself :p )

Congratulations, your mother will be pleased.

Neil

PS Have a look at my next posting, as you're interested in turning.

Back