What to do with your ashes?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chunkolini

Established Member
Reaction score
There has been a thread recently about what to do with loved ones ashes.
A sensitive subject I did not want to add to with this.
But what about your own ashes?

My plan for my ashes is to have them put through my mates cider press.
My pals do the work and have a few bottles each.
They can do what they like with them. Tip them on the compost heap, drink them or leave them on the shelf as a keepsake, or as an emergency supply of rehydration fluids. Imagine telling cousin kevin that the empty bottle contained your mates DNA.

A mate had his put in a salt shaker and spread around the Isle of Man from his mates bike.

What anybody else?

I think they market the everlasting properties of a diamond rather than the exuberance Adam. Apparently you don't get a very large diamond anyway

`i want my ashes thrown into the air at the end of our high street
on a windy market day to cause a nuisance of my self one last time. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I was thinking of having then sent to HMRC as they try to get everything you have when you are here so they may as well have my ashes as well.

Tom

regards firework rockets and ashes.
I have a customer who is a proper mad old hippy.
he has put it in writing for me and a friend to pack his ashes in a gurt big rocket with a load of cannabis seeds and launch it over his tiny village so he can turn on the local population.

When I was a sub-aqua enthusiast in the early days - 1950/60's (starting before wet suits were invented) - one of our older members had a stroke and died.

We sprinkled his ashes on the sea at Shoreham, where he used to dive at weekends.

There was talk of putting his ashes in with the activated carbon filters used to remove oil fumes from our air compressor, but we didn't risk it!

BTW - I want an automatic tape recorder in my coffin which will be triggered as it goes through the curtain - to play my voice saying, "It's getting rather warm in here!"

I remember reading a story some years ago by a pilot who built a small plane similar to a Cub. There was a guy who liked to hang around the hangar where this guy was building the plane and he'd offer to help work on it. He talked about getting to go for a ride but a week or so before the plane was completed, he died. The guy's wife spoke to the pilot and asked him to take the ashes up and scatter them from the plane. This isn't legal but the pilot agreed to do it. He took off with the ashes in a plastic bag and flew out away from the airport. He opened the door and began to scatter the ashes. Unfortunately the air movement was such that it blew the ashes into the plane. There were in the pilot's mouth, nose, eyes and hair. They also ended up in his clothes and throughout the plane.

Not wanting to let the guy's family see this, he landed at another airport. He managed to borrow a vacuum cleaner and cleaned himself and the plane as best he could. then he flew back to the waiting family with the box and plastic bag. As I remember, he closed his story saying there was still a little bit of his friend flying with him every time he flew.

I'm 73 and I still haven't a clue what I want done with my ashes.

May I be excused this thread, to take another 40 years plus to decide... :wink:

No I won't be cremated I shall be buried at sea. My former wife siad she would dance on my grave....I wanna see her try. :lol:

Back