What to do with the sliding shed door

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osvaldd

Established Member
Reaction score
There's this sliding shed(my workshop)door/gate that I'm not particularly fond of although its nice sometimes to have a big opening to move chunky stuff in and out.
The problem is it lets water in, badly. Last night there was a rain storm and the whole entrance area is flooded. Also this is the first time in maybe a year that I had bad condensation in there. All my tools and timber are moist.
Any suggestions of how I can improve my situation without replacing the door?

Attachments

• IMG_4814.JPG
    IMG_4814.JPG
    628.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_4815.JPG
    IMG_4815.JPG
    535.7 KB · Views: 154
Could you put some kind of porch/canopy over it? And maybe some kind of threshold along the bottom?

yes good old fashioned sandbags in hessian sacks, this is what I had to do in the garage, which floods regularly because it's on the bottom of a sloped concrete driveway, this year has been horrendous for rain.

@thetyreman

The shed is a wee bit above the ground, you can’t see it in the picture, but on either side theres also a drain gully, so I have to assume most of the water gets in through the top and the sides, and the middle, and that big hole where the handle is. what a mess.

@owen

yes, some kind of canopy would definitely help here. I've seen somewhere a thing thats specifically designed for covering the top rail but I cant remember what its called.

Back