What to do with some free wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talking of skip diving, our local 'household waste disposal' site lets one throw unwanted wood/timber away, BUT they will not let anyone take any out! What is the matter with these 'jobworthies'?

If it's a Council tip then I am not sure it is the fault of the guys that actually work there. My local tip is covered with CCTV cameras which are monitored remotely, climbing in & taking stuff out would be against Health & Safety regulations so if they allowed people to hop in & take stuff out then it could potentially be their job on the line. I could easily be wrong but that's how I have always seen it with the Council tips.

Talking of skip diving, our local 'household waste disposal' site lets one throw unwanted wood/timber away, BUT they will not let anyone take any out! What is the matter with these 'jobworthies'?
I have on occasion intercepted a few things several uPVC windows, hardwood etc from other cars. Wouldn't bother for pallet / softwood tbh.

Only reminded by some of Tim Killenwood's recent videos which popped up in my yotuube subscriptions.

I know the stock is only half as wide at best, but could you make some coopered things from it?
I think you could chance laminating the stuff to make the width if the stock was too narrow.

Just a thought, as I have some similar stock
Tom

Back