What to do with a very long plank

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
My youngest son Tom (5yrs old and more sense than me) asks
Daddy, can I help you fix the shed?
Of course Tom, I have a cunning plan
Step 1: suspend the roof on a very long plank using a trolley jack to raise the roof in the absence of a few strong friends

f8c9bb11.jpg

Step 2: start pulling the shed apart
f8c9bb09.jpg

Step 3: Lift the base in order to build a platform. Tom comments "Daddy, do you think Mummy will like it?"....
f8c9bb1e.jpg

Step 4: reverse of steps 1,2 & 3 and paint
f8c9bafe.jpg

Hope others had such an exciting bank holiday weekend..
Rgds

Noel

Good stuff! I'm surprised you didn't just dismantle the entire thing rather than risk standing under that plank though! So is it back full of the kids toys now then?

Adam

Adam,

I can't even see the images...Can you, anybody else? Should the img command be on the same line as the url address?

Rgds

Noel, useless at most things.

Hi Noel
I can't see the pics either but I can see the url so I just copy and paste that. I'm having the same problem and I don't know what to do either.
Anyway it looks like you have had a busy weekend thats been made a lot easier with a good helper.
All the best

John

Noely,

I don't think you're getting it wrong - I think it is a problem with ImageStation. It seems to be reluctant to allow linking to its images from external websites, but annoyingly instead of not working at all, it occasionally allows them to be accessed. Have a look at www.uploadit.org instead - you can get a free account with space for 20 images, and then you could always sign up again under another name to get another 20 (I didn't say that...)

Otherwise, how about signing up for a free Geocities website account, which you can just use as a repository for images. Send me a PM if you want any advice on this.

I cut and pasted your links into a browser to see the images - I expect Adam did the same. Nice shed, by the way...

NeilCFD

Hi CYC,

It used to flap about in a strong wind, doors wouldn't close, base was totally uneven. So built a new base and put it back together with 4 cordless drill battery packs worth of screws rather than the useless nails that were originally used.

Rgds

Noel

Cheers Neil, on it's way.

Rgds

Noel

Noely's pics moved to UploadIt:

Noely":2e16l14p said:
Step 1: suspend the roof on a very long plank using a trolley jack to raise the roof in the absence of a few strong friends
neilcfd-f8c9bb11.jpg

Step 2: start pulling the shed apart
neilcfd-f8c9bb09.jpg

Step 3: Lift the base in order to build a platform. Tom comments "Daddy, do you think Mummy will like it?"....
neilcfd-f8c9bb1e.jpg

Step 4: reverse of steps 1,2 & 3 and paint
neilcfd-f8c9bafe.jpg

Noely, I'll email soon re: Geocities

NeilCFD

Wowsers, Noely. :shock: You'd have been struggling without Bob the Builder there though, eh? :D

Cheers, Alf

P.S. I have a feeling Geocities isn't great about allowing "hot linking" to images either.

Aww shucks... :oops: Thank you for putting up with 1000 posts of my drivel without throwing anything. Although perhaps you did...? :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Noel,

Your nerves are stronger than mine, I would of been to scared to near that roof on a plank :oops:

I do like the result, nice shed :lol:

Good to see your training your son in the art of fixing things 8)

Dave said "Good to see your training your son in the art of fixing things"
Thought I'd do it the opposite of the way I used to do things.
His brother Jack, 9 yrs, has requested a "junior" workbench....Must admit the father-son(s) thing in the workshop is rather touching and enjoyable.

Rgds

Noel

Noely Its a good feeling, I do the Farther daughter Bit myself :D She is only 8 but is designing a table :? and really enjoys all the cutting jobs i pass on to her :wink:

Bean

Back