What to do in Milan?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark A

Established Member
Reaction score
We're going to Milan on Saturday for four days. I've read countless lists of tourist attractions and reviews, but it would be good to hear recommendations from anyone who has been there.

Just don't mention Formula One....It's been an absolute nightmare trying to find a place to stay because of the racing at Monza over the weekend.

Thanks,
Mark

The only two touristy things I particularly remember from Milan are visiting the duomo and eating pizza at some takeaway place immediately opposite because my [Italian] almost-brother-in-law had nostalgic memories of eating there when he was younger. The duomo and surrounding piazza were impressive, and worth a visit; the pizza was... not.

Also being faintly disappointed to discover that they weren't enthusiastically in admiration of the English or anything, it's just that the city/commune flag happens to be nearly identical!

Ok, so...

Duomo,
Milano Centrale station,
Castello Sforzesco,
Galleria Vittorio Emanuele,
La Scala Opera House,

That's a start!

Thanks,
Mark

Even if you don't appreciate opera or ballet, La Scala is still a spectacular place to visit and do the tour

Back