What to buy: DX ducting or cheapie drill press

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dance

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got some Christmas money I'd like to spend on my hobby and I'm not sure what to do.

I don't know whether to buy a drill press (one of the £50-£75 ones, so not going to be particularly good quality) or get the Axi 100mm ducting kit which would allow me to have outlets for my P/T, router table, bandsaw and table saw. This would be very handy but I don't know if my DX is strong enough. It's a proper 100mm extractor but it's not an industrial beast. It's the Draper 10923 50L 1000W one. I was thinking of wall mounting it to get it out of the way and then running ducting to my stationary machines.

Any advice?

Thanks

Both are very different things! Which do you have a greater need for?

Do you mean this kit?
http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-10 ... rod803510/

I liked the look of it when I saw it on the back cover of one of their advertising mailouts.. I'm planning to price up a similar system from toolstation (or somewhere) using soil pipe and gaffa tape.

Maybe if you do the same you could afford both the ducting and the drill press?

Assuming your extractor is up for it, I'd get the dx kit.

I use my pillar drill so very infrequently. My first drill press was a cheapie Clarke. Horrible. Most cheapie ones are.

I also only have one pair of lungs.

Latest posts

Back