Quantcast

What time zone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Not a biggie after a major shakeup, but what time zone is the postings related to?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
At this time the forum default is London, time zone. In Preferences you can change it to your time zone.

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
Just replying to see if it adjusts for BST automatically...

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
Just replying to see if it adjusts for BST automatically...
It says I posted "a moment ago" which is accurate but not necessarily helpful.

I couldn't see a manual setting for summer time so I'll assume it's automatic and be thankful for progress.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I can't see how to change it to the twilight zone
All time zones are represented in the Twilight Zone. I think that's where we are all residing this year.

Inspector

Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck!
Reaction score
I see there is a time zone for UTC Saskatchewan, Central America. Does that mean it is locked to Standard Time and does not change to/from DST? We don't have that time changing nonsense here so having my little view of the forum match would be nice.

Pete

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I have found for me it changes from US Standard time To US Daylight Savings time without me doing anything to help it.

Inspector

Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck!
Reaction score
Well if it does that so be it. Saskatchewan is the one province that does not do Daylight Savings so there is none of the "Spring forward, Fall back" adjusting of all the clocks in the house. The computer and cell phones etc display the correct for us time so I was hoping the forum's software did the same since the province is mentioned specifically in the settings. Don't sweat it if it uses DST. I'll have to wait and see in a month or two.

Pete

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
I can now see that my test post yesterday is recorded at the correct local time.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
So if I get this correct, ALL times posted are related to my time (which is GMT + 2)?
For example, I'm showing that Inspector posted at 5.52 am?

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
So if I get this correct, ALL times posted are related to my time (which is GMT + 2)?
For example, I'm showing that Inspector posted at 5.52 am?
Well, it does look like progress, doesn't it? Here in the UK it says he posted at 3.52 am. Computers eh, what will they do next? ;)

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
it just explains why I see posts and whole conversations at 3 am. 🤪 I can live with that.

Inspector

Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck!
Reaction score
You can pick any time zone you want to see. Click on your name at the top right and select preferences. Then pick where you are or where you would like to be and that time zone is displayed for you on all the posts made. My post was 8:52 PM when I made it.

Pete