What table saw are you using out there?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CYC

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just built a workshop in my back garden and now it's time to get real woodworking tools for it. My first buy shall be the table saw (of course). I am looking at getting the Elektrabeckum TKHS e/p 315 along with the same brand dust extractor.

Tell me if you have this table saw and how you find it?
Also I am interested to hear about all table saws available out there for about 500 to 600 euros (oh yeah I am in Ireland BTW, hence the Euro ). :lol:

Hi, Welcome to the forums from the UKW staff! :D

EB stuff is highly regarded. Charley reviewed the small bandsaw, I think the tablesaw was recently discussed, do a forum search.

Table saws are great, you can produce really accurate work with a bit of setup. As you said on the router post, even when buying a high quality saw, you MUST take the old blade out and bin it.

Get a high quality blade and you will make twice the machine!

I kept my blade that came with the saw is that for rough cuts like 2by pine it works for me. Just my $.02 cents

the saw you mentioned is what is called a site saw. very rugged and powerful, with little if any finnesse.

take a look at the elctra beckum pk200 pk255 or the sheppach or kity machines these are much more accurate and have a better design.

also try to get a saw with an induction motor as these are so much quieter.

aleks

ps i've got the pk255 http://www.elektrabeckum.co.uk/uk/produ ... 400_dn.htm

Thanks aleks. I realise this is a site saw and I am actually unsure as to what is the difference when they (and you) say the pk200 or 255 are more accurate.
Can you explain the accuracy major differences?
I believe that those machines with the accessories would be far more expensive. What accessory would you say is a must have?

FYI: The 315e/p is an induction motor.

the main differences between a site saw an a cabinet saw are the fences and the tables.
ger=nerally speaking a site saw is less accurate than a cabinet saw. its more for ripping sawn timber on building sites. i've never used one so i can't comment on the actual performance

aleks

Back