What spray machine??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andycase

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I have been making and refurbishing furniture for a little while and am thinking about getting an Airless spray machine.
I am a hobby user, so i dont do it full time.

i would like to spray emulsion, acrylic eggshell, very occasionally oil based paint, and sometimes stains perhaps.

I would also consider doing the odd room when decorsting time comes around.

I have looked online at Wagner and Earlex - i dont mind spending around £300. I have also seen one here www.localtoolsales.co.uk which is unbranded but seems to be along the same lines.

Is there anyone that has used Wagner/Earlex for spraying furniture that can say which is best?

If you can stretch a bit more I would consider one of the Fuji HVLP sprayers. I myself use the Earlex 5000 spray machine and I have had good results with it. It is quite noisy and I think a more expensive machine will have a better turbine that can handle thicker paints.

I have both HVLP (a few) and an airless Wagner Pro 117 (light trade rating). Having used them all (except the Fuji HVLP), I would say spraying furniture is not what an airless is aimed at. It doesn't offer anywhere near the amount of control over than fan size that a HVLP does - or any TBH. You can only turn the pressure down on an airless - but that may cause issues with the finish.

For furniture stick with an HVLP - an Apollo is a good starter machine and I would suspect that the Earlex would be comparable.

HIH

Dibs

Latest posts

Back