What some one chucked away !!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
I made one of my infrequent trips to the local tip, they call it a recycling centre, and for once I will agree with them :D

I had an old monitor to get rid of. I drove in and walked back to the hut and asked where the monitor should be put, I have found this to be the best way of foiling the wrath of some of the blokes who work there. The hut was occupied by two young ladies who looked pleased to be asked and replied it should go in to the metal bin. I walked up the steps and dropped the monitor into the bin and to my horror this is what I saw not far from the top of the bin.

Dscn2954s.jpg

Well having got into trouble in the past for trying to remove things someone else had thrown away I did not try to take the vice out of the bin. I drove to the hut and cooly wound down the window. The young ladies when I asked if taking a vice out of the metal bin was a big No No said "No, what do you want it then?" :shock:
I backed up to the bin and was helped to retrieve the vice still attached to 6' of floor board from the bin by one of the young ladies. Well the vice looked complete and undamaged for is stay in the bin, it was soon in the back of the car. I thanked the young ladies and drove off wondering how I was going to get it into the workshop with out being seen. As I turned into our road the LOML was driving out, well what a good day this was turning into 8)
So I am now the proud owner of a Record 52½E vice that has not lead a hard life. :lol:

Dscn2955s.jpg

The only thing that could have got better is that someone might of out bid me for the 53E that finished while I was a the tip :x

Dave what a blinding find , its amazing what some people will chuck out and i cant beleive they let you have it for free i would have had to bung the lads down this way a few beer tokens .Still i have had a few good finds down the local tip myself its usually better than some of the rubbish you find in boot sales , pun intended Groan

Very strange, I was given a record 52E vise by my neighbour only 10 days ago who has retired from woodwork. Its now fitted to my workbench but I do have to be very careful when sliding the jaws shut that nothing is in the way. I have had a few tingles!!!

<sigh> I'm pleased for you Dave, I really am... :roll: And DW too of course. Yep. Thrilled, that's me...

Cheers, Alf :wink:

Latest posts

Back