what scroll saw to i get

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doddy555

Established Member
Reaction score
hi
i have now decided i want to try scroll sawing , i would like to do letters an numbers to start with , to see if i can do it, can anyone suggest a scroll saw to get , hey folks not got very big budget , thanks in advance

hi blister,
thankyou for reply , please forgive me i am so new to wood work, is that link for the saw you think i should save for ? and it says fretsaw ? is that same as scroll saw ? sorry for being bit thick on the subject, be i am so interested to learn all i can

Hi

assuming you are after a electric saw and not a hand saw , yes fret / scroll saws are much the same thing

The saw in the link is a good quality saw that uses pin less blades ( Best type ) , and will last you many years in regular use

Also if after some time you decide to stop you will be able to sell your saw on for a good price

hi blister
thanks so much for your advice, i am saving for the saw in the link, cant wait , i will prob be on here all time asking things, lol , thanks again tracey

Hi Tracey,

I was given the same advice by quite a few people about a first scroll saw, and I have absolutely no doubt that Blister is right in saying that the more expensive saws are easier to use (blade changes and so on), and last longer. Maybe they are also more accurate. However, there was no way my financial situation was going to change in a hurry (and I am not known for my patience :) ), so I decided to purchase one of the lower end Axminster Saws (the AWVFS). This was recommended by a few others on here, and although the blade change is fiddly and I have only used it once so far, it seems fine to me.

If I get on and progress I will probably start saving for a more higher priced saw, but as an absolute beginner I think this was the best choice for me at this time.

Christine

hi christine,
thanks so much for your comment i will have a look, i am the same i cant wait. think you are right in what you say , i may not be any good at it, hope i am will see
tracey

Latest posts

Back