what photo hosting? And Instagram question.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No skills

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm after a free photo host so I can share pics on the forums, don't want any thing flash but picture resizing would be handy (but not essential), the ability to upload from my phone would be very handy (as they will be taken with my android phone). Dont need much space either, I would imagine a couple of gb would suit fine.

Is there anything the collective think is suitable?

Also is anybody using Instagram? I've avoided social media for the best part but fancy a go with this, any thoughts on its uses?

Cheers!

Photobucket does everything you are asking for. As far as I know everyone can see my several thousand photos of woodwork stuff that are on there.

I meant to say that Photobucket have added lots of integration with Facebook in the last year or two, but for anyone wanting to stay in control of what they share online it's perfectly possible to use all its photo hosting facilities without any of that, thanks very much!

Photobucket seems to be getting worse with every upgrade, I only use it for my woodworking stuff, I use Flickr for proper photos, but they are going more mobile friendly.

I can upload photos from my Iphone to Flickr I haven't tried Photobucket.

Pete

I use Photobucket for almost all my photos but in various albums - most of which are not publicly viewable.

I don't have a mobile phone so all my stuff is from dSLRs and film SLRs and processed on a desktop computer.

flickr is suitable for what you want. I use it exactly the way you describe: Take a photo with my Android phone, use the flickr app to upload it to my account. Posting on here is easy, flickr provide code that works without modification to show you picture in this forum. (BBCode)

Ok folks, thanks for the replys! Very helpful.

No mobile phone Roger? Good for you!

I'll have a look at photo bucket and Flickr tonight and see if I can suss it out. I'm not a Facebook user so I'm not fussed about anything working with that.

Anybody using Instagram at all?

if you don't want to install a flickr app, you can apparantly upload by emailing the picture to your flickr account. Not yet tried it but I may do, then I can remove the flickr app

it works, easy. Flickr give you an email address to which to send the picture.

There are quite a few former forumites now on Instagram, it's so easy to post up what you are doing & keep in touch with mates, these days it's the only social media I bother with.

What Doug said. Instagram so easy to share and look into other people's workshops. The woodworking community on there is pretty large and varied. My feed is under @jonnydburn

Cheers

Jon

I use the Tapatalk App for Forum use and you can post photos straight from your phone etc - no need for hosting sites.

Rod

Another +1 for photobucket, I often upload straight to it from my phone.

And I've also been getting curious about Instagram....

Hi No Skills, as Doug and Jon have said Instagram is growing rapidly and is global. I'm on there under a new name = one_man_and_his_benchdog ! There's a fantastic amount of stuff and so much easier than other ways of sharing what you're working on in your workshop. Plus many famous woodworkers are on, global companies, and other top pro makers. I'll have a search for you... Cheers Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back