What is your most useful tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not exactly a tool but my workshop security guard is pretty useful.
1632321266355.jpeg

Since I believe that, every time a ruler and pencil or marking knife are used , there is always an element of error, I mostly measure once with my Kreg marking gauge - see photo [Kreg Multi-Mark™ Measuring and Marking Tool] and then transfer the exact same measurement.
Here's a video of it in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wivg_ET-Pw
Now, the Kreg is perfect for edge of board measurements but, when I need to measure on a flat surface, I use the marking gauge which I made myself for measuring on a flat surface, not the edge of a board (see photo).
I searched everywhere for something like this but found absolutely nothing, not even something close so, using a 150mm rule and a sliding "mechanism" held in place on the rule with a magnet, I feel that I have found the solution. It has become quite an indispensable tool for me.

Attachments

• Kreg Multi Mark.jpg
    Kreg Multi Mark.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 22
  • Ruler Stop with magnet-20210224_111211.jpg
    Ruler Stop with magnet-20210224_111211.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 22
I realised something was wrong when my Chinese verniers were giving different readings. I invested in a Mitutoya and it tells me the truth. ! :giggle:

Latest posts

Back