What is your most useful tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's like asking which is your favourite child!
I really couldn't choose between bandsaw, mitre saw, pillar drill, sander, cordless drill/impact driver. My most used and productive tools.

woz this 3CX
100_2811.JPG

but now this fork lift

IMG_7598.jpeg

until I get my 2 poster fitted......
IMG_1177.JPG

hahaha.......

I have an Opinel pocket knife which, when I lose it, causes me to feel bereft. I even have a spare one, because I lost it for six months or so, but once refound the spare was put away for emergencies.

However, the most useful tool on the farm is a 4 foot iron bar with a sharp pointy end and a flat tamping end. If you can't move it with the bar, you can make it smaller until you can move it with the bar. You can dig holes with it, you can uproot trees with it, you can scrap and disassemble cars with it, and you can frighten the neighbours with it if necessary. A vital piece of kit.

The other as useful tool, mainly used in conjunction with the miter trimmer is my Japanese Shinwa miter square (From Axminster- £20)
Absolutly spot on and superb for checking the fences on the trimmer are at either 90deeg or 45deg. I've had it for 20 years and for that amount of time its proved its worth.

Not my best, most used or favourite tool but I have an old handle from a long mini paint roller that seems to gets used for all sorts of tasks that a bad back makes a challenge. I raked out weeds in block paving, drag stuff out from under things, grab stuff that’s out of reach… It should have a name as a recognised tool/aid for old tools like me, bloody useful.

for BaldKev,
NO, not a hot rod.....this is a Citroen C4, 1928.....was a car converted to a pick up during the war....
100_2514.JPG

not sure if it'll go back as a pick up as I want to build an ally body...
Boat tailed tourer with a dicky seat.....had this for prob 12 years now....

sold my old J Morris before leaving France...that one I drove around Los Angeles for 5 years then took the southern route across the states to bring her home.....owned her for over 40 years....
IMG_1036.JPG

Lastly...this is Charlotte, 1934 Commer bread van....
got a flat in the services in Northern Spain on the road trip here to Crete...and yes she towed that 6.5m caravan....great laugh.....took 10 days door to door......owned this one for nearly 40 years....
IMG_2242.jpeg

I just love old stuff but not old women.....hahaha....

Back