What is your most useful tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRITON

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
For me it has to be my axcaliber miter trimmer i got a few years back from Axminster. Absolutely invaluable. And say 2' away from the workbench it's just so so easy to step back and forth getting all the small mouldings etc totally spot on.
Silent working.

I like the adjustable nature of it, so even if one plane is a smidgen* out, you can adjust the fence to correct it.

What about you ?

*Smidgen - Utterly ballsed up.

intriguing - I have a similar one - but have never used it... will need to play with it more...
Probably my most used tool is my belt sander, but I was thinking just yesterday that most of my tools are in use the whole time - so it is difficult to decide

Block plane.... or maybe mitre saw. Actually, i enjoy my bobbin sander.
And my chisels ( when sharp ) ..... mind you, my truck is pretty handy.
Nope, gotta be my kettle!
Or.......😆

It has to be.....

51DVnegvy7L._AC_.jpg

Followed very closely by my Festool TS 55 track saw....

Last edited:
My LN low angle block plane. It's always to hand and I use it every day. It is lovely to use, nice and sharp and maintains it's sharpness really well.

Marking knife that I bought as a bare blade from LV in Ottawa in 2000. I fitted a simple rosewood handle and it lives on my bench. I use it for marking out and loads of little cutting jobs. It was used today to open a box and to cut some adhesive labels off a roll.

Has to be my trusty old Coronet Major with all of the accessories apart from the grinding wheel, I never bothered with that one. Not forgetting my Colchester bantam lathe for which I am endlessly making gadgets, ha ha.

18v cordless drill/driver.

Second place would be either a pillar drill or track saw.

My Worx reciprocating saw - ideal for awkward to get at cuts on the boat or my super accurate Dewalt table saw.

Back