What is your favourite/most useful tool in your bag?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

=Adam=

Established Member
Reaction score
This is just a bit of fun that I thought up when thinking of what I needed for a decent "small" tool kit for work.

Criteria:

Now the tool can be hand held or electrical but it must fit inside your tool box/ tool bag (a van isn't a mobile tool box by the way ;) )

State what the tool is, what it is used for and why you would not be without it.

I will start it all off....

My favourite tool from my small collection at the moment is my set of nail punches, they are absolutely great when I am out fitting stair cases etc for when the pin gun doesn't fire the nails deep enough. They help to get a really neat finish and have helped me out a lot in the past!

Anyone else care to add something?

a roofing bevel given to me by my father-in-law 25 years ago it was over 50 years old then wonderful piece of kit for common cut roofs
it has a movable blade and fan type arrangement you set to the plumb cut on the ridge and it gives you every single bevel you need even down to the valley lay boards and jacks seat cuts wonder full thing will get a picture of it on here

The Joint Genie doweling jig.

I use both the standard and XL Domino machines, plus a Lamello biscuit jointer. But the Joint Genie can handle nearly everything they can do at a fraction of the price...and it's British designed and made!

Latest posts

Back