What is your favorite American TV show?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My name is Earl and 3rd rock from the sun are still favourites.
+1 for star trek though never watched DS9

My name is Earl and 3rd rock from the sun are still favourites.
+1 for star trek though never watched DS9

I maybe should be embarrassed to admit that I didn't know that there were series beyond DS9, an I only vaguely knew what DS9 was. I've never watched the star trek movies (somehow, movies covering the material that an hour show covers seem odd ...as in, you can get the regular show an hour at a time - two of them is as long as a movie, why pay to see movies? But that's not specific to star trek for me -watching movies of current TV shows has always seemed unusual).

I should also be embarrassed to admit that as a child, PBS piped Doctor Who to us over here. It had the same appeal as star trek 1, it didn't attempt to look real at all, so you didn't get stuck being critical of how real or not some skit was. But I thought there was one Doctor Who (Tom Baker) because that's the only one I ever saw here.

When the newspaper showed an article about there being 12 (at the time of the article, now a 13th), it was like finding out santa claus isn't real.

Breaking Bad was really good to start with but for me faded out in the last series and the story line struggled. I think Better Call Saul is actually better and looking forward to more.

We've been watching some Australian stuff (Rake in particular) which is very good.

I like quite a lot, but my all time favourite is The Wire and my favourite of the ones I've watched recently is Watchmen.

Some of you are correct!!

Mash for certain
I Love Lucy. I still remember when she and her friend installed a shower cubical with the door opening inwards where they proceeded to fill it and the shower tap stuck on!!
Plus Tom & Jerry!!!

Phil

I like Star Trek to escape into so have watched all of them since I was a kid and still look forward to new ones like Picard, Star Trek Discovery and even the animated one from last year. 🖖

Prodigal Son is back for a second season in a couple days and that is a must watch, as was Hannibal from a few years ago. Nice and dark. :devilish: Bates Motel was a very good one that was shot near where I used to live.

Always loved Who's Line Is It Anyway, both from your side of the pond and this side. The new ones are a scream too.

Pete
OMGPETE ya Cannuck! Corner Gas!!!! I clicked on it one day on Prime on the off chance. I'm half way through Season 3. I can't stop! It's like Polite Canadian Crack Cocaine.

Anyone who hasn't seen The Queens Gambit you are in for a treat. Perfect tv show for me. Just a perfectly cut gemstone. Just lovely. A treat to watch.
All the usuals Breaking bad etc. Better call Saul. The Wire was amazing. I bought that for my Old Man then borrowed the discs after a couple of years when he hadn't opened them.
Just finished the Ozarks which was ok with good bits was kind of hoping they would finish it but left open for another season...

All Netflix and Prime stuff.
Can't think of one regular American TV show that I watch these days. Mind you I don't really watch any regular UK tv either tbh.

Yup Corner Gas was great and there is an animated version but I haven't watched it to see if it is as good. But remember the thread is about American TV shows. ;) Wouldn't want to upstage them with our content.:giggle:

Pete

Yup Corner Gas was great and there is an animated version but I haven't watched it to see if it is as good. But remember the thread is about American TV shows. ;) Wouldn't want to upstage them with our content.:giggle:

Pete

The comedy troupe that John Candy was in pretty much dominated (at least on a per capita basis) or movie industry for a while. Aside from trailer park boys and red green, I haven't watched too many of the canadian shows (there's one about farming or something in midwest to west canada that's on one of the .x channels constantly).

Plus, the Canadians on TV now pale in comparison guys like Billy Ray Smith and AvE (I could probably say the same thing for americans on TV vs. the more interesting youtube channels).

....I just caught myself about ready to make a joke about how they should do a reality show with bad boy hutterites (and girls), but I've heard they did that. I don't have regular pay cable so I haven't seen that stuff, and you can only see so much on netflix when you don't watch it more than an hour a week).

Pete

Cardinal, Bellvue. Departure looks good. Rookie Blue (not all episodes). Kim's Convenience quite good at times.

When I started this thread, I had no idea I'd be hearing about so many shows I've never heard of before.

I haven't watched TV for decades, but way way back would catch the Ed Sullivan - he was always naff and the format was poor compared with UK 'the weekend starts here, Ready Steady Go' but they got so many good acts to appear.

Woops, just showed my age.

Back