What is your favorite American TV show?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D_W

Established Member
Reaction score
Not a reality show, by the way - those are less representative of actual life in the states than are the scripted sitcoms. (Drama shows aren't particularly realistic, either).

Doc Martin is easily my favorite of any English show I've seen, though I haven't followed it in the last half decade.

it's not current but I liked monk a lot, now that was a funny show, parks and recreation is great as well, because swanson is a legend.

I loved, Breaking Bad and Better call Saul.
Liked the last dance (documentry on Michael Jordan)
UK one in the last few years is, Peaky blinders.

Mind hunters is strangely interesting for me and I don't watch that kind of series. but the one I'm looking forward to the second season of is Another Life

Any cartoon. American sitcoms are seriously unfunny.

I don't watch much TV these days ,but can honestly say that I couldn't name an american sitcom that's on the air right now, other than the Roseanne spinoff.

I would think that one wouldn't make much sense in most of the UK as it's a lower-middle class rust belt setting.

Well Rosanne was a massively popular show in it's time over here. amazes me that Darleen's boyfriend still looks like he's 15, even in the big bang

I'm enjoying the current political drama set in America where they have an unhinged president that causes all sorts of crazy........ ;)
assuming you mean House of Cards? excellent series, easily as good as the british version from the 90s, I've not seen the later series though.

Twin Peaks is always high in my list of TV series, perfect balance of mainstream (frost) and offbeat (lynch)

the american remake of the killing was also suprisingly good

My general critisicm of US tv is it goes on too long, there are plenty of shows that were brilliant for four seasons but went on for ten

My guilty pleasure during the first lockdown was Downton Abbey, never thought it would my cup of tea, but in truth it was an excellently written and made show

Chicago P.D. , The Walking Dead, Fargo (haven't seen the new season)...
I don't watch TV much anymore. (57 chanels, nothing on).
Someone suggested the Expanse a while ago. Saw 2 episodes, wasn't bad.

I like Star Trek to escape into so have watched all of them since I was a kid and still look forward to new ones like Picard, Star Trek Discovery and even the animated one from last year. 🖖

Prodigal Son is back for a second season in a couple days and that is a must watch, as was Hannibal from a few years ago. Nice and dark. :devilish: Bates Motel was a very good one that was shot near where I used to live.

Always loved Who's Line Is It Anyway, both from your side of the pond and this side. The new ones are a scream too.

Pete

assuming you mean House of Cards? excellent series, easily as good as the british version from the 90s, I've not seen the later series though.

Twin Peaks is always high in my list of TV series, perfect balance of mainstream (frost) and offbeat (lynch)

Gave up with HoC after S4 I think, prior that that it was superb. TP - I still don't understand it to this day. Great TV. Also liked Lost, equally as difficult to get your head around.

Back