What is this tool.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hog&bodge

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had this in my shed for years, was working on a job in a cellar/ basementand came across it, asked the owner
what it was used for and he told me it was down there when he bought the house 30 odd years ago.
Told me to take it if I want it, so i have had it over 16 years.
I have my idea what it was used for but who knows.
It has two dimples a third way up.
Have added a banana for scale...lol

Attachments

• WP_20210806_11_14_13_Pro.jpg
    WP_20210806_11_14_13_Pro.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 193
  • WP_20210806_11_16_34_Pro.jpg
    WP_20210806_11_16_34_Pro.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 197
  • WP_20210806_11_15_04_Pro.jpg
    WP_20210806_11_15_04_Pro.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 173
Not confirmed yet but it's something like a coconut splitting knife whereby the operator sits astride and bangs them at the edge.
Cheers Andy
I'm interested for my collection if you would like to part with it;):)

Last edited:
I was thinking the same as you, some sort of nut splitter. but in manchester uk 40 odd years ago.
Have looked on web but come up with nothing, most coconut dehusker have spikes.
Seems like it remains a mystery.

I was thinking the same as you, some sort of nut splitter. but in manchester uk 40 odd years ago.
Have looked on web but come up with nothing, most coconut dehusker have spikes.
Seems like it remains a mystery.
Did you see my other reply regarding it being a Boti ?
Cheers Andy

Heres a tool, next phase of russian cheating since they got caught out with the pills. A gold is a gold so by using this tool on selected olympians they will be entering ball less men claiming to be women into some of the womens events now that it is allowed.

1628360780858.png

Manchester had one of the largest Bangladeshi communities in the UK at one point. Im surprised there aren't more around here to be honest.

Thanks for all your help guys. still not sure what to do with it other than hang it back on the wall.
Good video John, their fingers get very close to the blade, but if they use it every day it would be habit.
I did nick myself getting it down off the wall...lol
Well thanks for all your help guys. still not sure what to do with it other than hang it back on the wall.

Back