What is this tool for?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henning

Established Member
Reaction score
I do like to consider myself :shock: something of a tool expert at times, having worked with them and selling them for close to 20 years now, but every now and again i find something which i have no idea what is for.
This one is one such thing. It looks as though it may be for some kind of string attaching or some such, but i really can't figure it out :oops:

Anyone in the know?

4879fc3b.jpg

65709572.jpg

9d5fd785.jpg

ecb214ef.jpg

It has a hole going through the stem and the stem can be moved up and down, but has a conical shape at what i think is the top and it also has a cross hole at the other end of the stem. There's a cutout in the stem which seems to be the business end of whatever business it's supposed to do...

Any help appreciated! :D

I guess they aren't tools at all but are detachable handles from some sort of appliance. Presumably a Norwegian appliance so the chances of any of us guessing correctly is remote.

I am pretty sure it's a tool of some kind. It's most definitely not a piece off of something as there's no obvious way to fasten it to anything else.
My best guess is some sort of tool for doing "something" to string.

if its a very industry specific tool and quite modern, you may struggle getting an name for this item.

adidat

Tom K":179buozi said:
Close but no cigar :) anything look familiar here?
http://www.vantagetools.co.uk/487-winds ... -out-tools
Its for cutting out bonded glass (car windscreens) (hammer)

THANK YOU! =D>

This has been bothering me for quite some time. To bad i only have the one, but then again, i think i'll leave the windscreen of my car to the pro's. Still usable as a string tightening handle as i've been using it for though so i'll just keep it around for that :-D

Back