What is it?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Power

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought we might have a series of what is its over the festive period, please feel free to contribute another once the existing one is solved :ho2

Anyway to start us off

What is it ?

what is it.jpg

:deer Mods feel free to move to a more appropriate catagory :deer

Attachments

• what is it.jpg
    what is it.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,000
Looks like a Peavey for pulling large timbers into position.

Yeah a spoke dog and I reckon it was made by the Butler Company (hammer)

Andy if it was'nt the season of goodwill to all men I would be cursing you for getting it so quickly :cry:
well done =D>
and a point to you as well Tom =D>

(I use a spoke dog to pull the spokes into position to allow the tenons on the ends of them to enter the mortices in the wheel rim)

Now please put something else up chaps :mrgreen:

Ooh I reckon this one might run a while, Im guessing the cauldron bit on the end is to hold a molten liquid (glue or pitch :? ) and the section behind with the clamp is to place hot coals in to keep said liquid molten and the long section is a handle to enable pouring :?

The cauldron bit on the end is to hold a molten liquid and the section behind is for said liquid and the long section is a handle :wink:
So you are in the zone Alan 8)

knappers":1r8zfmp7 said:
I am more intrigued by the four bladed shears above to be honest.

Si.

Yeah quite a talking point when I do the shows :lol:
When fully open they cut 3 times on closing :shock:
Mind you I tried em on me hedge and can't say I was impressed :roll:

Racers":1r8zfmp7 said:
Lead ladle for bullets/balls?

Pete
Right material , wrong product (unless you have a cannon :shock: :lol: )

Andy

making sash weights? or weights of some description?

What I thought was the remains of a hand guard is in fact a hinged semi-circle with a thumbscrew. Releasing this allows the top half of the 'receptacle' to hinge upwards (with, I'm guessing a gap to swing up and over the spout from the molten-lead-holder). Looks to be some raised lettering in the top hinged half which suggests important to stamp something into the cooled lead object.

Your right about the top section being hinged Roger but not for weights.

Last clue, the handle ends up as part of the product :wink:

(hammer) (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)

Andy

Yes , you melt the lead (or used head) in the bowl and then tilt it back so the new head forms around the tube shaft.
The shaft has been crimped at the end to stop the head moving and seal the tube :idea:

Cheers
Andy

Back