What is happening in London

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who knows!!!!! :shock:
On the news they are saying its a "power surge".......
And thats how the bus was blown up and the explosions on the underground! :evil:
I have a friend who works in ahospital in the City-she says they have been told there is a "major incident" and expect bomb blast victims. :x
This is bad....
Philly

The underground has always been a prime target for causing maximum effect in London.
There has been one confirmed bomb and a number of reports of other possible bombs in the capital.
I cant see this was caused by disgruntled French Olymics supporters.

An attack like this has been expected for so long but we all hoped that security would be high enough to prevent it.

I work right in the middle of all this, it's chaos

The latest says that there have been 7 bomb blasts and al quaeda are claiming responsibility on a website.

I work in Vauxhall, and all I can hear are sirens. I'd try to get home, but although my station is still open (Marylebone) it must make a tempting target crammed with nice, defenceless innocent people trying to get home.

V.

From the happiness of winning the bid for the 2012 olympics to this horror.
My heart goes out to those families who have lost a loved one and to those who were injured in the cowardly attack.

Regards

Woody

I've been listening to the radio all day at work. It's terrible, I second Woody's comments.

On the news they are saying its a "power surge".......
The second I heard that it reminded me of the Andy McNab book I read on holiday, dark winter :shock: :?

London is chaos today.. Traveling home was not 'A Walk in the Park'

On the plus side, if (heaven forbid) I had the misfortune to be caught up in something like this then I'd hope I was in London as the emergency services and disaster planning that they've clearly been doing is second to none.

I take my hat off to them. =D> =D>

I do agree with your comments Roger. However the people in charge of the seperate Public Transport companies (TFL, South Eatern Trains, etc) need a major kick up the behind. ALL of their websites went down the very instant it happened and the information they eventually posted was vague and incorrect. SE Trains posted that Charing Cross Station was closed. That's it, not that services where re-routed, not that they were intermittent, etc. I decided to take a risk and walk to Charing Cross. Luckily for me when I got there the station was OPEN and trains were RUNNING. When I spoke to the police officer on the forecourt he told me that the station had been been closed briefly in the morning, but for the last few hours services had been running almost normally.

Surely this caused more chaos in the centre of London and put extra strain on the rest of the system.

If we are talking emergency planning, Public Transport failed imo.

Well done the Emergency Services

JUst want you to know were thinking about all of you over there. Hope that everyone is well. And my condolences to those who were hurt or murdered.
If by chance there is we can be of some help. Please don't hesitate. As for today BRIT GRIT RULES

I left Kings Cross for Aldgate 5 minutes before the bomb at Liverpool Street, i left London at 3 and got to Finsbury Park at 6 got home at 7.30, i hope many were as lucky as me

if the clowns responsible think that their actions will make even the faintest dent in our resolve...mannnnnnnnnn are they in for a shock..!!!

Aw, c'mon, WiZeR...don't you think you're being a little harsh. OK - I know that you were there in the middle of it and trying to get home in those circumstances is difficult. I know how the transport staff seem to disappear at the first signs of chaos...but...

this was a little out of the ordinary, wouldn't you agree? 6 bombs is not your everyday occurrence.

So the websites went down..whose wouldn't? They were probably taking millions of hits.

The information was inadequate..that's because they don't have any information at that moment in time. Would you in that situtation? In any event, the transport people have to pay second fiddle to the overall co-ordinator. It is NOT the transport people who say when the trains can run...it is the Metropolitan Police DAMHIKT.

Back