What hinge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northwind

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm after some hinges to build a table like this:

Manfred+on+Flying+Cloud,HBYC+003.JPG

But I'm not sure what the name of a hinge like this is.. nor where to buy one.. - Any ideas welcome!

Thanks

Step%20Stool%202s.jpg
Step%20Stool%203s.jpg

I used these on the library chair/steps above: and they do the job beautifully.

One point that made fitting them take longer is that the middle portion has to go into a recess 'below' the usual hinge rebate - so be prepared for some delicate chiselling to get them to look good when the leaves are folded.

The job was made even more complex for me because the the two faces joined by the hinges were at an angle, so pairs of recesses were not the same.

Don - off topic a bit but I do like that chair/steps combo!

I have had the design for years, in a reprint of an old Victorian book - The Handyman's Book by Hasluck - but seeing it in the flesh reminds me that it really would be nice to make one. Is that the source you used?

AndyT":1ar2y8ww said:
Don - off topic a bit but I do like that chair/steps combo!

I have had the design for years, in a reprint of an old Victorian book - The Handyman's Book by Hasluck - but seeing it in the flesh reminds me that it really would be nice to make one. Is that the source you used?

There are more details about my attempt at the convertible chair/steps - apparently originally designed by Benjam Franklin - at http://lumberjocks.com/projects/47287 which includes a link to a Popular Mechanics design which I used and the name of a Google Sketchup library file.

Back