What higher-end bandsaw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As others have said you don't really need a wider blade for resawing.
I bought a Jet JWBS18 because I was looking for a bandsaw for mainly resawing & I thought that a wider blade would be better, sales blurb said it would take up to a 32mm wide blade. After talking to the guys at Tuffsaws I have never used anything wider than 19mm regardless of the thickness of the timber I am cutting or the thickness of the actual cut & that is all in hardwoods.
Not sure I would recommend the saw though, I've had some problems with mine although not sure if this is common for this machine or I was unlucky enough to get a Friday afternoon machine lol

I keep a 1/4-inch 6TPI M42 blade on my saw as my general purpose blade. When I want to resaw, I change to the 1/2-inch 3TPI M42 blade. If I had a 1/4-inch 3TPI blade, I would likely be happy using it for resawing.

I keep a 1/4-inch 6TPI M42 blade on my saw as my general purpose blade. When I want to resaw, I change to the 1/2-inch 3TPI M42 blade. If I had a 1/4-inch 3TPI blade, I would likely be happy using it for resawing.

OK, very interesting...

And you don't find that curved cuts mess up the set and make it wander when you want to cut (non-resaw) straight?

I resaw with a 20mm (3/4") Tuffsaws M42 blade. Like Martin, my saw is capable of accepting a blade up to 32mm wide. It was supplied with a 30mm carbon steel blade but I've never installed it. I doubt very much that I could adequately tension an M42 blade of that width. The 20mm M42 blade works very well and I work dense tropical timbers exclusively. I do also have a 20mm thin kerf carbide-tipped resaw blade from this German supplier but haven't got round to trying it out yet.

:ROFLMAO:

Can the fence be easily removed without losing any alignments? And does it move out of position when locked down? Those are my two biggest gripes with the non-Sabre 350.

Thanks!

The fence doesn’t move when locked down on mine. I can’t remember taking the fence off, I just move it out of the way. I have changed between tall and short mode on the fence and it stays aligned.

Back