What have you been doing this Easter?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promhandicam

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess most people get a long weekend this weekend so I was wondering how have other members been spending their time? I am sure that for many, some extra hours will have been spent in the workshop - I've just finished gluing up the first of 2 1/2 book shelves (pictures another day).

Unfortunately or fortunately depending how you look at these things, the rains have come here - the first for over 4 months, and so our weekend was slightly spoilt as we had planned to camp out at Lake Togo and watch the sun rise over the lake on Easter Sunday morning. Well we did go to the lake but ended up in a hotel due to the weather although we did manage a camp fire on the beach last night and we did get up in time for the official sunrise (SWMBO checked on the BBC website) although it was already light. :roll: Had planned to spend the morning sailing but as often happens here, with a rain the previous day there was very little wind so we came home early. We couldn't spend too long anyway, as our German Shepherd had 7 puppies a week ago and so they needed to be checked up on. Anyway it gave me more time in the workshop :lol:

Happy Easter,

Steve

Lots of family and outlaws round for lunch - spent most of the afternoon in the garden as the weather was so nice. Traditional hunt for easter eggs, which my daughter had hidden in the garden. Overall, a very nice day and everyone enjoyed themselves :D

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Nothing in the workshop and a great Easter egg hunt today with all the family. Lovely :D

i spent two days preparing and cooking for 25 people. :-({|=

im tired and sore...oh well i have the day off on monday so i will be in the shop (when i get out of bed) :wink:

sparky

ps. happy easter to everyone :eek:ccasion5:

Lucky me :lol:

Working every day :lol:

double bubble

will have tue / Wed / Thur off

roll on 3 days off

:p

as you can see , I am about to go now

6.15 am start , Yippeeeeee

Non-stop gardening for me, emptying compost bins and so on, absolutely cream crackered, but makes a change from sitting behind a desk and terrific weather for it.

Another session today and then might break out the chainsaw and start converting some more of my log pile for turning blanks (or firewood, depending !).

Got the rest of the week off also so should be able to get loads done, and of course Yandles on Friday :D

Cheers, Paul. :D

Both of my sons here for the weekend, we always laugh a lot and sometimes I sit back and listen to them talking, because I'm always surprised at the relationship that my wife and I have with them.
It seems we can talk frankly and openly about any subject.
Their thoughts are not so different to the way we felt in the 50's and 60's the good thing is that they feel able to discuss them with us.
It certainly wasn't like that in my youth and I suspect that of many others.
Plus the sun is shining.
Sometimes life looks good.

Dom

Had my kids but they were busy on the playstation and TV. So i started sizing the ply, ready for my router table.

Nothing happening in the workshop at the present, tho' have got some ideas spinning around in my head for a second elm cabinet, nothing definite yet, looking forward to Yandles on Friday. Have got Gareth home from Edinburgh, he's flying back tomorrow from Southampton tho' he came down last week on the overnight coach (10 hours non-stop apart from driver changes :shock: ) glad I don't have to do that sort of thing. Didn't get an Easter egg :-({|= though had a very pleasant Sunday lunch. We saw Mel Gibson's powerful and brutal fim in the evening which was a bit of an eye-opener. Going to do a bit of gardening today if the weather cheers up, it's a bit overcast at the 'mo.
Hope all had a good Easter - Rob

Halfway through a kitchen fit. Will be there until possibly later this week. Still enjoying doing it and getting paid for it so can't be bad. Took the family out to see Mr Bean on Friday as I had a day off, just hope the weather holds for me. :)

Beautiful weekend, warm and sunny. In-laws visiting so trips to Dundee, St Andrews, out walking the dogs on the beach etc. Barbeque Saturday. Worked a few hours Sat and Sun doing some catching up.

Hope everyones enjoying their weekend too.

Tony

Beautiful weekend here too. Went out Sunday morning to collect a combi plane I had won on Ebay from a really nice old gentleman. Spent some of the afternoon in the garden giving it a gentle clean up. Also ate a large quantity of my favourite chocolate eggs (Cadburys milk).

Thanks for asking.

Cheers :D
Tony

Me & Mrs Scrums went over to Richmond - N.Yorks and bought a couple of new chickens (...exciting life up here in the NW eh ?)

a Mendlesham Blue and a Fenning Coucou to go with our Cotswold Legbar and Black Rock.

Chris.

Back to the workshop tomorrow and finish off that CD rack that's becoming overdue.

On call from work all weekend :(
Although managed to get some workshop time in between phone calls (made a table,chair and a couple of bowls),bit of gardening this afternoon (garden now looks the tidiest in the street),but the best bit was spending yesterday afternoon with my grand-daughter,playing on the beach at Tynemouth,going round the sea-life centre,and fish-and-chips on the way back :D

Andrew

A very enjoyable weekend.

made a new base for my P/T
fiddled with woodrat (more later on the subject of rats)
went round brother in laws on sunday
made missus potato thing for garden
dog caught a rat and killed it. I was too frightened to pick it up so missus got it on a shovel - its tail was hideous and the feet....arghhhhhhh.

back to the office tomorrow.

Esc.

Not such a great time, spent all Easter nursing a trapped nerve in my arm, pins and needles in hand and deep pain all up arm and shoulder.
No Chiropractor open so will be banging on the door at 0900 this morning.
Think I have the world record for the amount of Diazepam and Ibruprophen you can get down your neck in 4 days! :( :(
Martin

Ouch.

I had great plans for the long weekend. Achieved maybe 5%. The best bit though, is that it's the weekend again in only four days \o/

Martin,
That sounds painful. Get well soon!

We had the family over for one day - spent part of it helping eldest grandson who is making a traditional english longbow. Rest of time spent rubbing down a bunch of doors, mostly to bare wood, then matching stains, and finishing them - horrible job and a bit nerve racking when you decide that the only way to kill a bit of excessive redness in the stain is to add a bright blue dye! Worked though..

Fell through one of my stair treads and the floor underneath on Saturday :shock: !!! The whole section of floor underneath was rotten and two of the floor joists had crumbled away.

So I spend the rest of the weekend replacing floor joists and stair treads. :(

Back