What HAVE ntl done to their TV user interface!?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of the new NTL UI?

• Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• Average

• rubbish

• Just...well...Useless

• Total voters

sawdustalley

Established Member
Reaction score
Those of you with NTL Digital TV....

Is it me, or have they completely cocked up their user interface - What a state!?

I was trying to watch TV this morning, I had to switch off the box to get rid of this blue screen that wouldn't go away, even when I pressed all the buttons.

Some bad points:
- It looks $|-|!t€
- It doesnt really work
- Its slow and rubbish
- It gives errors
- It doesnt work (again)

Some good points:
-

I will be ringing them up, I'm not sure if its my digi box, or if they have just made a cock up. I will be asking to speak to the head programmer, as I want to upset him and tell him how rubbish I actually think it is!

Tell me what you think...

I heard they choose the particular brand of database they are using, as some old boy aquaintence of the managing director offered to setup all the backend databases for them. Unfortunately, since then, they realised the database was too out of date for what they want to use it for - and hence, it's rubbish.

I hardly use the "services" as they are sooooooo slow to download. Shame really - they could have produced something pretty spectacular, but instead its about 30 seconds to download a page. Doh!.

Adam

I have to reboot my set tob box on a daily basis - the bloody thing keeps hanging, then it says "your box is experiencing difficulties. Press OK to fix". Press OK - game over. Power cycle.

What a farce. If it worked, it'd be quite good, I think. But it doesn't.

I like it so much I'm getting Sky+ installed next month.
I could have got it sooner, but didn't want to pay for two subscriptions.

I've had no interactive service or full program guide on NTL for months. It's a shame, as cable should be ideal for an interactive service.

Im on my third digi box in two years and this one freezes and have to re-boot most times a 56k modem is faster than these boxes.

If it wasn't for H&L channel I`d get shot of them and have freeview

LOL

I just got of the phone, I wanted to speak to the head programmer who's behind the menu.

Of course, they are going to arrange something and call them back.

These girls on the end are so nice (but tough) its hard to be horrible to them :roll:

Back