What has happened to 'The Queen" thread?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpercysnodgrass

Established Member
Reaction score
As per the title. Last time I looked it had something like 80 posts and now it seems to have non, also a message saying 'You do not have permission to view this thread"!!!

It was moved to the Off-Topics II forum with a three-day redirect notice because the conversations shifted considerably to politics, despite one warning early in the thread. If you see the permission notice, then you have not requested access to the Off-Topic II forum.

If everyone ventures into the underworld there will be no one left upstairs!
As I understand it, that forum was created at the instigation of one member who was getting banned regularly for controversial posts. But in the end he got himself banned permanently because it became a bit of an echo chamber and he couldn't resist coming back and trolling the other forums. Oh, the irony 😆

One bad apple springs to mind, but define what is controversial because catagorising something as controversial could itself be deemed as controversial, life itself is controversial and having freedom of speech and thought is also just controversial because we are all different and think differently.

The problem will be that in another ten years everything will have become controversial, the thought police will be roaming amongst us and all verbal communication will have ceased because only electronic communication can be censored at source and we think China and Russia are bad, it is happening here as well.

As I understand it, that forum was created at the instigation of one member who was getting banned regularly for controversial posts. But in the end he got himself banned permanently because it became a bit of an echo chamber and he couldn't resist coming back and trolling the other forums. Oh, the irony 😆
Who the heck was that? All the obnoxious people I can think of (myself included) are still here :)

Who the heck was that? All the obnoxious people I can think of (myself included) are still here :)
He probably means me. :rolleyes: I haven't been banned for many years though I have dropped out every now and then. People seem very surprised and even angry when they find that other people don't share their political views! They need to get out more!
PS just checked - I seem to have been posting for at least the last 5 years so maybe selectortone had someone else in mind? :unsure:

Last edited:
The original question was answered, so this thread has run its course.

To answer Roy's question, the UKW is not a substitute for Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, or any of the other social media websites. We realize the UKW is the only online social outlet for some members, but the rules are clear on what topics are not allowed because they usually become heated discussions that detract from the purpose of the UKW.

The restricted access Off-Topic II forum was created to reduce the workload of the volunteer Moderators. However, there are limits of acceptable behaviour in that forum. To answer sploo's question, we do not discuss administrative or moderation actions. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back