What Fits in Your Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stefan szoka

Reaction score
I have a workshop 8' x 12' with long bed Coronet Elf lathe, Naerock Bandsaw, Woodwork Bench.
Would like a Sheppach 760 planer thicknesser or the SIP + circular saw.
Impossible ?
What do you have in a similar size workshop ?

Regards,

Stefan

Hi Stefan
Welcome to the forum!
Quite a few members have similar sized workshops-I believe the Man to talk to is Adam. He has the Shep too!
Cheers
Philly :D

Welcome to the forum.

My workshop is 8 x 12. I have a Scheppach TS2500 table saw, a HMS260 planer thicknesser, floor standing morticer, and the usual bits and bobs, drill, lathe, workbench etc. It's just a case of being tidy, using wheeled bases, careful thought to maximise the use of space where you walk about in, for the wood to protrude when you are machining it. I don't really think smaller machines actually take much less "floor space" they just compromise their ability to handle larger work.

Also I make use of space under machines by building cabinets, I have many shelves, and hang lots of things from the walls.

Adam

Hi Stefan
I have a 8x14' shed and manage to fit a large router table, bench, Schep P/T, Schep TS (small one) and a freestanding bandsaw. I would have trouble fitting a lathe in comfortably though. Mobile bases are important, as is having the door in a convenient space. Really worth playing with a simple CAD program (or try trial version of Sketchup) to draw up your space and machines and move them around. I transformed my area by finally getting around to doing this!
Cheers
Gidon

Back