What do you think?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Things are going mad here at the moment as I now have two laminate bathroom floors to lay before Christmas! Luckily the bathrooms are on suite and are small ones. Problem is the skirtings have to be removed. It is a relatively new house do you think I will get away without ruining the plaster too much? Also what would any of you suggest would be the best way of removing the skirtings? No way does the woman want beading fitting so I can't use this method. I still have a gate to finish and fit before that job too!

Good god Jake, maybe I should just go around the skirting with my biscuit jointer plunging it into the skirting......Hmmm! got me thinking now. :)

Hi Mailee

mailee":34qcklzp said:
It is a relatively new house do you think I will get away without ruining the plaster too much?

Have a look here at this thread.

Another thought I have had is that as it is a fairly new house the skirting won't be nailed, so why not use a Fein Multimaster and cut the skirting from the wall?

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Neil

Of course if you'd bought an Elu DS140 (deWalt DW685K) you'd have a machine which could do that out of the box. Our German cousins call it a shadow joint, I believe :lol:

Scrit

I had the same problem.

I used an arbortech blade( it has 3 carbide tipped teeth) in my 4 1/2 inch angle grinder it cut appros 3/8 inch from the bottom of the skirting in situ.

The laminate flooring slipped in easily

Hi Mailee

You're welcome, just look out for the sawdust that comes out, have a good vac handy to collect the mess the arbortech makes all over the floor.

cheers

Back