Quantcast
  • We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

What do you think about this idea??.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

If we had a page on this site where you the visitor could add your own tool reviews, would you use i

• Yes, I would definately add review(s) of my tools.....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I might find it useful before buying a tool but wouldn't add my own reviews...

• I would use the reviews and might add some of my own

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Charley you have come up with some rubbish ideas and this is one of them

• Total voters

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of adding a new page to the 'Review' section where you (the visitor) can add and display your own tool review(s) for all the other visitors to see.

So before I start writing a script to do it, I would like to know if (a) you think its a good idea? and (b) would you use it? i.e write and upload your reviews to UKW

Let me know what you all think :)

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Charley,

Good idea :D , but I would like an extra option :p

I would use the reviews and might add some of my own

Some of my tools are quite old/odd and I am not sure there is any value in posting reviews :?:

I am going back to the workshop now :!:

Regards,
DaveL

A

Anonymous

Charley,

Before I throw my vote in at #4 :wink: , can I just ask something? How many people, once they've spent their hard earned dosh on a tool, will honestly slag it off if it deserves it? I mean, you're essentially saying "What ho, I bought a really rubbish tool here. What a schmuck eh?" (Well I would, but then everyone already knows I'm a schmuck, so no news there. :wink: ) Presumably it will be revealed who has posted the review? If you could include a link to their "profile", that'd help. You could maybe get an idea of how reliable their review might be/what experience they have. Mind you, if it just says "Joe" and nothing else, that may not help... :lol:
Just one or two random thoughts on a Monday evening. Ignore them, if you have any sense... :roll: Oh, you have. Jolly good. :p

Cheers, Jester

A

Anonymous

good point Jester, I'm not sure my ego would let me be totally objective about my new toys.

What might be an interesting idea is to get two or more people to review each others tools (oooh errr - could be a double entendre albeit male-centric - if we got a whole group together, they could have a mass debate :wink: ).

To avoid flame wars etc, I would suggest that each review is agreed and approved by all participants

A

Anonymous

Yes, I would defiantly add review(s) of my tools
:lol: :lol: :lol:

In defiance of what?
Which rules are being broken?
I'm all for free spech etc so unless you tell me that I can't post things, how defiant am I being?
:D :D :D

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
oops my spellings getting worse its now been changed to "definately" :oops:

If I do add the 'User's Reviews) only forum members will be able to upload their reviews and their name/username will be displayed..

Jester I don't know what you mean saying people won't slag off their new bought tool - my leigh is perfect :? lol

A

Anonymous

I think the thing to remember is that we have all at some time payed good money for a tool only to find its only use is as a door stop, :x
The more reviews we have to look at the better,I have in the past wasted lots of dosh on rubbish, by telling you all what they are it could save you from making the same mistake :D
Mick B

Latest posts