What did you do this long weekend?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a fine weekend it was!

I ripped and applied new exterior casings for a window, replaced the window sill (you've got to try out the cellular PVC replacement sills!), adjusted the trunnion mount on my Grizzly 444.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if contractors' saws had a real "adjustment" for trunnion mounts? I told my wife I was heading to the shop to adjust my table saw. She was a little concerned when she heard the hammering. ;-)

But it's tuned in nicely and the cutting is sweet!

Sorry Guys-didn't mean to torment you! :lol:
Left my digi-camera at home so couldn't upload photo's.
Tomorrows another day, though.... :wink:
Cheers
Philly :D

i took the love of my life to chester zoo we spent the day roaming round looking at all the animals she liked the bat cave best and went back later on, i asked her if she was looking for her broom :D ,its a good job its a bit dark in the cave :lol: :lol:

I made a box to store my dado set in. :shock:
Just needs some finnish and a couple of bits of old mouse mat stuck in as padding. 8)

O.k.!
Here's a few pics to wet your whistle...... :lol:
2005_0531krenovhandles0005.jpg

2005_0531krenovhandles0013.jpg

2005_0531krenovhandles0015.jpg

The handles were fun-I have a couple of dozen different designs in different timbers going spare........ :roll:
A full "completed project" post is to follow,
Cheers

Ended up looking good, Philly.
Oh, and water that poor plant, will you......?

Noel

Better Philly... much better... nice job...

Oh, and water that poor plant, will you......?

you guys see where I put my cloth...?? I gotta wipe coffee off the monitor...

Philly,
That is a terrific job. It looks really very good indeed. Definitely worthy of a Krenov disciple!

(You gotta come clean- when were you in Fort Bragg?)

I don't think you could have chosen better handles, Philly. Congratulations - it turned out nice.

Gill

Ladies and Gents!
Many thanks for your kind words-it came out alright in the end. Handles were a real head scratcher-went with simple and small in the end. They "feel" right though-their delicate size means you dont yank it about, and lends a refined air. At least in my opinion..... :roll:
And Chris-no Fort Bragg for me. Not even Cornwall........ :wink:
Oh and Noel-I have suitably chastised the Wife for not watering that plant correctly.... :lol:
Cheers

Philly

I'm pleased to see that you clearly listened to my advise on the handles and made them recessed and not rectangular. Especially not the same colour as the trim :D . Can I at least claim reverse psychology? :lol:

They look great!

Regards from Perth

Derek

=D> So do we call you Mr Krenov now, or what...? :D

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Whet our appetites? Rather than wet our whistles? Unless you're going to stand us all a drink as well, in which case mine's a half of Strongbow... :wink:

Philly,

Very nice indeed - really well done - think you made the right choice with the handles. =D>

As to my weekend - I moved 4 tons of earth, rubble and rocks and made a 3.5m bench seat/ retaining wall in Ipe.

All of that started with a "can you give me a hand in the garden please?".:shock:

Cheers

Tim

Chris

Obviously nothing beats a public display of ignorance but I'm not sureI understand your point above or the earlier reference to Fort Bragg.

Cheers

Stupid Tim

Back