what did you do Easter Monday?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I decided not to get involved with any of the Easter traffic on the roads so I went to my waste bin and persuaded myself to part with these offcuts.
(I only put two pieces back in the waste bin) I estimate that there was 2 cu.ft of timber thrown out when loaded into a waste sack :oops:
wastepile.jpg

Then I thought it would be a good idea to make three storage boxes to store a palm sander, stapler and a box of router bits.
boxes.jpg

But I chickened out and found three nice cardboard cartons ex supermarket throw outs and there had a well earned rest instead :roll: :roll:

Spent most of the day surveying 10 km of the local trout river (within view of this house) for fishing spots, and several lakes, large and small around the local Danube feeder area.

Will try and get some pictures of the local woodworkers (or at least their efforts) this next week for posting when I get back home they have certainly been Beavering around on the local River banks.

Dev, you're bonkers, throwing all that good timber out.

Noel

Now that's what I should have been doing, DW. Instead of which I spent the day wrestling with a rusted-up nut on a hand-cranked grinder. Not like it's even a particularly good grinder. ](*,)

Cheers, Alf

apart from gardening i spent today clamping up the first half of my first woodworking project. It's daunting stuff!

Me.... I helped bring some oil ashore......

ya think they're grateful...????

sheeshhhh.... :roll:

DW send the wood to me for my Chimnea :wink:

I just rebuilt a laptop and desktop computer today - borrrriiinngggggggggggg!!

D Dubya,
Why didn't you trim and join all those offcuts
to make your boxes :roll: :wink:
I'd far prefer that than having just spent all day working :x

TX

Spent the weekend cleaning up sick after my Wife and Daughter came down with a tummy bug...... :?
Please can I go back to work now? :roll:
Smelly Philly :D

Philly,

Bad luck for your family and perhaps even worse luck for you! I hope they are better now and that you don't come down with it this week!

Philly":1jb5e0y6 said:
Spent the weekend cleaning up sick after my Wife and Daughter came down with a tummy bug...... :?
Please can I go back to work now? :roll:
Smelly Philly :D

You're banned from cooking I now assume. :shock:

Well I kept vagely busy - admittidly it took rather longer than just easter monday... was at it most of the weekend -

Before

workshop_build_12.jpg

During:
workshop_build_13.jpg

After:
workshop_build_14.jpg

The plastic will obviously be taken off the window when it stops raining!

Still have a fair amount to do inside, ceiling and lighting is on the agenda for this evening. Good job the Lathe is broken, was really taking over all my time!

I also go in some surfing on Saturday and can report that the Atlantic is COLD!

All the best
Les

Devonwoody,

the length is just over 17ft, with just under 12, should have been 18x13 but the builder who laid the base was incompentent in the use of measuring devices and I was away while he was doing it. Ho Hum!

Les Mahon":5vs6964x said:
Devonwoody,

the length is just over 17ft, with just under 12, should have been 18x13 but the builder who laid the base was incompentent in the use of measuring devices and I was away while he was doing it. Ho Hum!

Was he a Paddy? :D :D :D
(Emigrating tomorrow)

Back