What cost for European Ash

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you not go back to the said company, and provide the reasonable quote from the other company and just ask why there cost is 3 x the other quote?

Even though it is a ridiculously high price and I have now had another written quote this morning from Whitmores of £454.91 inc VAT and delivery I am messing them about a bit here by agreeing and paying them for the order. You are right I can cancel and perhaps I can ask for a full refund however I feel I ought to pay them something even on an ex gratia basis for their time thus far.

Once this is all over and I have been refunded I may ask them for a written explanation of it all and copy and paste it for all to see here. This way it's giving them a chance to explain themselves. I don't want to spread bad will about a company without it being a balanced account even if they have taken me for a ride. I would imagine a few of their regular customers are on here.
I think I would instruct the bank to reclaim the the card payment and when this is done I would send the Timber Yard £100 for their trouble !!!

I think I would instruct the bank to reclaim the the card payment and when this is done I would send the Timber Yard £100 for their trouble !!!

If I have to go down the route of involving my bank to reclaim because they won't willingly refund me they will not be getting any money from me.

well done - and as you say a good lesson, and learned at a far cheaper price than it might have been - now get yourself some wood and lets see the build thread! :)

Even though it is a ridiculously high price and I have now had another written quote this morning from Whitmores of £454.91 inc VAT and delivery I am messing them about a bit here by agreeing and paying them for the order. You are right I can cancel and perhaps I can ask for a full refund however I feel I ought to pay them something even on an ex gratia basis for their time thus far.

Once this is all over and I have been refunded I may ask them for a written explanation of it all and copy and paste it for all to see here. This way it's giving them a chance to explain themselves. I don't want to spread bad will about a company without it being a balanced account even if they have taken me for a ride. I would imagine a few of their regular customers are on here.
I would send them a copy of the Whitmores quote and ask them to justify their price, put them on the spot.

I would send them a copy of the Whitmores quote and ask them to justify their price, put them on the spot.

I did bring it up on the phone but didn't labour on it. When I spoke to the boss the other day he told me its just great timber and they do a great job selecting the boards, also something about white in the face of the ash. I think we all know I must sounded like a rich newbie willing to purchase and they took me for a ride. I asked if it was a mistake. Deep down I think they just did not want the small order.

Back