What chainsaw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my experience cheap DIY chainsaws have poor chain adjustment, thin bars and chains, chains stretch easily. If you don't use one much I guess it's value. For plenty of use and longevity, I think my time is worth more than I save on the cheap saw v pro saw. But I have a large garden ( 5 acres) and get through a lot of wood.

I use little chainsaws when topping out hedges. Small and battery is good. Scariest tool is a chain morticer for timber framing!

My Timberpro chainsaw arrived yesterday and I have to say I am pleased with my choice. As a rule I steer clear of "Made in China" when possible, but felt that by buying a Stihl At the lower end of their range I was still buying Chinese. I only need the chainsaw for hedge thinning for our firewood needs and at 103€ this ticked the box. It has a solid feel to it came with a really good manual. I gave it a try on some ash trunks I had laying about and it performed really well. Here is hoping my initial impressions are not misplaced.

Latest posts

Back