What Buffing system.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After I had the idea of using the motor I contacted Tool Post, where I got it from, to ask if my motor would be OK at 1425 rpm and was told that it was good. The recomended speed for the Beal system 8" wheels is around 1750, so no problems there. The mops work well at that speed too.

I like my seperate motor as I can move it where I want and don't have to work over the lathe bed. It works for me. Plus, if I have something mounted on my lathe and I want a change and do some buffing then I don't have to move anything but the small castor mounted cupboard the motor is sat on..

Because of my bad back it helps when I can chop and change..

Chas, I cant argue with your logic and thinking about the amount of time I spend buffing and indeed in the workshop I think I'll stick with what I've got and save a few quid.

Cheer

Thanks to all who asked questions on this subject,ans also to those who provided answers . =D> .
I will be ordering the Chestnut system , have checked with most of the woodturning / woodworking suppliers that I know over here ,and could not find one that had one in stock so will be ordering from one of my usuall sources in UK.
Interesting to have Jonzjobs view on having a seperate motor which gives him a break from the lathe ,might give it some thought. For the last three days I have been on me back after overdoing it when dumping timber contents from my shed that is infested with woodworm .

Anyone like to buy some lovely grained timber with inbuilt designs that are changing as you look at them . :cry: :cry:

Back