what benchtop lathe for smaller items

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homerjh

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I will be looking soon for a mini lathe as my workshop/outhouse is a bit too small for my Record Power #0 , even if i did shorten the bars. Also cant seem to get it perfectly aligned (probably the worksurface TBH). so looking for a small lathe, preferably one that will do pens, small bowls/etc, and also not need massive amounts of setting up (fixed/cast bed?).
There was a new axminster one that interested me but now not on the website 205 i think it was called, and a charnwood one that looks suitable (https://www.charnwood.net/.../mini.../category_pathway-154). i dont need massive bed length and just need to check what MT my current one is as i have a (old) chuck and fittings.

so any reccomendations or suggestions

my guess is that your RP #0 is 3/4 16TPI and MT1. Getting a new lathe with this might be difficult- most are now either 1" x 8 (a few) or M33 (most)

Hi there... I have jst bought an Axminster 355...sat on the bench and its great. My old lathe (Sealey single tube) had a 3/4 16 snout but the new one is M33. I paid £20 for record power adaptor and the chuck and old bits and bobs fit a treat. It also has a 1MT so you can use older centres and the like. For what you need the setup would pose no probs.
9FAE842C-7484-4F3F-BF2F-C3A61FCD2E08.jpeg

Back