What band saw blades?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColytonJohn

Reaction score
I have an Axminster floor-standing band saw, it's not a huge one but just right for me. Sorry, I can't remember the model and it's too cold to go and look right now.

Using it the other day the cut wandered off meaning it's time for a new blade but, hang on, that one hasn't been in very long :( so I don't want any more from Axminster which is where they've always come from.

Any recommendations for quality blades and supplier then please?

Cheers,
John

I have tried a few suppliers and found 'justbandsawblades' are by far the best, I have phoned them a few times for advice and they could not be more helpful.

Give Tuffsaws a call and tell Ian what you're going to cut and he'll sort you out.

Had good result from Truecut but must try the Tuff Saw blades one day.

Well thanks for the prompt and emphatic response folks it looks as though Tuffsaws will be getting a call in the morning :D
Although justbandsawblades and Truecut will be well noted too :)

Cheers,
John

I've had blades from justbandsawblades and tuff saws, both the same blades slightly cheaper at tuffsaws. Each cut the same.

I don't think they're the same, I believe Ian makes them to order. Maybe made to the same specs using a similar technique.

I confess I bought an Axminster one yesterday because it was right in front of me and I needed it today. I'll be going back to tuffsaws next time though.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I have one Tuffsaws blade and about half a dozen Axminster ones. The Axminster ones are all fine, the Tuffsaws one is excellent.

I don't think they're the same, I believe Ian makes them to order. Maybe made to the same specs using a similar technique.

I'm sure all bandsaw blades are made to order. The blades that i purchased has starrett woodpecker written on them from both companies.

That's strange. My tuffsaws doesn't have anything on it.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Back