What a selfish person

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Bob..the figures can be very easily verified. You still haven't told me where you dreamed up your 4%. That's the trouble, you see. People jump on little bandwagons without bothering to check the facts.

Well, I dipped in to see what Jacob was banging on about. Same old trolling. Tell me Jacob...next time one of your kids are getting married or one of your nearest and dearest is getting buried...shall i come along and pull some stupid stunt like Pillock Oldfield. Will that be amusing enough for you?

According to the RSA's social network page, Trenton Oldfield is 'currently researching the socio-political history of fenced green spaces in London for a forthcoming book'.

Doesn't exactly sound like a prize winning tome does it?

On LinkedIn, Mr Oldfield describes himself as: ‘Open-minded, multi-disciplinary, efficient, focused, intelligent, honest, unique.’

And that's just his opinion.

Roy.

RogerS":11evxfu6 said:
Well Bob..the figures can be very easily verified. You still haven't told me where you dreamed up your 4%. That's the trouble, you see. People jump on little bandwagons without bothering to check the facts.

Hang on, you call me a grunty .... now your saying I jump on band wagons...... I'm too upset to speak, even thickies have feelings .......... :cry:

I've had enough, Im off ..... I doubt I'll be back til tomorrow :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The boatrace has been a tradition for over 180 years and might not be to everyones taste but why should some p**** be allowed to disrupt the event. Apart from endangering his own life, he endangered others. Should be deported back to Oz immediately IMO.

Bob

So..... they can spare enough Water for a Race but....

I'm not allowed to use my Hose Pipe. :roll: :roll: :roll:

There was a time when the 'Boat-Race' was of huge importance. The race name even entered Cockney-slang. In terms of Popular Interest, it was as big as, if not bigger than the Grand National or the FA Cup Final. Whilst the race hasn't the same mass appeal, it still means a lot to a great number of folk. It doesn't usually cause anyone any harm, and it certainly gave James May and Ozzy Clarke an excuse to crawl a few pubs. The race might be an inconvenience to some, who work and live on the Thames, but the Universities are as entitled to use the river for their purpose as much as anyone else.

I suppose that utter twit is entitled to his opinion and to express it. But it did mess up the race completely, and spoil the day. Clearly Oxford looked to be 'walking' away with it, but 'twern't to be. Although is it significant that the Umpire has previously been in three losing Cambridge eights? And for what it's worth I think there was 'six of one and half a dozen of the other', when the clash of oars took place. Or is it only me who saw Cambridge move across a little?

And welcome back Jacob. Hope you are feeling much better. :D

Digit":b7i41mls said:
According to the RSA's social network page, Trenton Oldfield is 'currently researching the socio-political history of fenced green spaces in London for a forthcoming book'.

Doesn't exactly sound like a prize winning tome does it?

On LinkedIn, Mr Oldfield describes himself as: ‘Open-minded, multi-disciplinary, efficient, focused, intelligent, honest, unique.’

And that's just his opinion.

Roy.

A unique, focused and honest opinion no doubt? 8)

No skills":269zelrh said:
Dont feed the trolls. Stops them posting .

I like Jacob ,he's a character ...the old building trade was full of moaning old gits like him .....and if the internet had been around then it would have made some good reading ,in the good old days you didn't have to be so PC .....
I think i've found Jacobs family motto................... Lux hyacintho charta et stare bene retro

Lux hyacintho charta et stare bene retro...

How about proper translation for us uneducated louts CB? :D

My Latin is very basic. I get the retro bit... but what do hyacinths have to do with it? Unless you mean he's pernickety as Hyacinth Bucket! :lol: :wink:

Benchwayze":21kqyqdl said:

My Latin is very basic. I get the retro bit... but what do hyacinths have to do with it? Unless you mean he's pernickety as Hyacinth Bucket! :lol: :wink:
A rough translation ,but the best i can do ... it means something like ... "Light the Blue touchpaper and stand well back".

Cowboy _Builder":37wxuinn said:
Benchwayze":37wxuinn said:

A rough translation ,but the best i can do ... it means something like ... "Light the Blue touchpaper and stand well back".

=D> =D> =D>

Cowboy _Builder":9ug0ucgd said:
No skills":9ug0ucgd said:

I like Jacob ,he's a character ...the old building trade was full of moaning old gits like him .....and if the internet had been around then it would have made some good reading ,in the good old days you didn't have to be so PC .....
I think i've found Jacobs family motto................... Lux hyacintho charta et stare bene retro

Close. I hear on good authority that it is

Concordia discors et cacoethes carpendi

or

Damnant quodnon intelligunt

but my favourite is

Bis pueri senes :lol:

RogerS":37yku0gi said:
Bob. Surely you've not taken to trolling?

First you call me a Grunty, then I'm on a band wagon, now i'm a troll, you're only making it worse, I will accept an apology when you are ready ..... I've never been so offended...

RogerS":32549gsa said:
Cowboy _Builder":32549gsa said:
No skills":32549gsa said:

Close. I hear on good authority that it is

Concordia discors et cacoethes carpendi

or

Damnant quodnon intelligunt

but my favourite is

Bis pueri senes :lol:

Roger....

I don't fully understand Latin! Is it therefore elitist! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In plain colloquialism, Jacob is just a Devil's Advocate. I wouldn't have him be any other way... (homer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back