What a great day...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
This morning a lorry pulled up in the driveway, "ah that'll be my overhead guard and saw blade I ordered from Axminster TWO days ago :idea: ".... "no? :( "

:? :eek: :shock: :) :D \:D/ :tool:

It's my new lump of cast iron, which I wasn't expecting until tomorrow :D

01.jpg

02.jpg

After setting everything up, I got it wired into it's own 20A circuit, turned it on 8-[ It works :D

It's a very, very impressive machine! I can now truly appreciate why Philly loves his 806 so much.

full report to follow......

Cor! :mrgreen: :shock:

I don't know whether to be more impressed by the saw or the fact that a mere stripling has a workshop large enough to accomodate it!

Anyway Charley, enjoy it! (You certainly deserve it for hosting a bunch of whackos like us!)

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!!!

Are you going to have some fun with that :D !

Congratulations.

Gill

Jeeze, Charley, pick that poor screwdriver up off the floor will ya! What is it? A Marples?

Oh, sorry, you seem to have some sort of new bench base too. Very nice. Don't forget to put some ply on it, will you? Don't want to ding the hand tools on that cast iron...

Cheers, Alf :wink:

P.S. Enjoy, and be safe. :D

P.P.S. One of the few folks with real room for a sliding table, and you've gone for the Norm option. :roll:

Alf":2bsuydzl said:
P.P.S. One of the few folks with real room for a sliding table, and you've gone for the Norm option. :roll:

I presumed he hadn't unpacked it yet or was waiting for a birthday for a retrofit!

I'm sorry, you lot, but the Dark Side has claimed another victim! :roll: :lol:
Congrats, Charley-I know you'll be very, very happy!
Cheers
Philly :D

Philly":1ovwlidg said:
I'm sorry, you lot, but the Dark Side has claimed another victim! :roll: :lol:
Ah, get back you Normite you! I've had him on The Slope for years now - it's a Twenty-Five Year Plan. Just you wait. The Neanders will triumph eventually. :p :lol:

Cheers, Alf

P.S. I think it's working too, judging by the avatar. :wink:

Lovely saw Charley :shock: :shock: It looks a little lost in that hanger you calla workshop though. Have fun and post soem projects soon :wink:

Charley,

Welcome to the Iron Side :whistle: best check the wardrobe for plaid shirts 8-[ and get an extra supply of razor blades in. :norm: :wink:

I think you will have many happy productive hours using that :tool:, a bit new for my shop but still a good choice. 8)

Now Charley has his far east clone of the Delta Unisaw I suppose he will be using dado cutters like that nice Mr Abrams.
Nice bit of kit but for me its only a dream that would never fit in my single garage workshop. :(

Congratulations Charley, Wish a lump of cast iron like that would drop in my wokshop. Anyway empty your dust extractor I feel thre's a sawdust storm about to arrive.

Cheers Alan.

gill":150rind6 said:
Are you going to have some fun with that
I think so :) safe fun of course - I will read, understand and follow the instructions that came with the saw and I will also remember to wear these 'tap,tap' safety glasses... Sorry I don't know what happened there, Maybe I've been talking to Philly too much? Alf, quick pass me the LN catalogue :wink:

Alf":150rind6 said:
Jeeze, Charley, pick that poor screwdriver up off the floor will ya! What is it?
I look after it normally, don't know why it was left on the floor :oops: :whistle: It's one I got from my grandpa. When I got it it was rusted and had paint all over the handle but after a bit of elbow grease it looks as good as new... well nearly.. It has got a makers name on there but I'll have to let you know tomorrow, if you're interested as I can't remember it off hand.

philly":150rind6 said:
I'm sorry, you lot, but the Dark Side has claimed another victim!
Don't worry Philly, if no one else wants to join in we can create our own Unisaw forum :lol:

Keith":150rind6 said:
When Philly and I reviewed the Excalibur
As far as I know my saw is the actual one you reviewed so I hope the scratch on the guide rail wasn't caused by you :p

Alf":150rind6 said:
Ah, get back you Normite you! I've had him on The Slope for years now - it's a Twenty-Five Year Plan. Just you wait. The Neanders will triumph eventually
Oh god - it's going to be a tug of war... If that’s the case I better cut up my bank cards now :shock: :lol:

Tony":150rind6 said:
Have fun and post soem projects soon
Projects? Sorry what are they? :?

Dewy":150rind6 said:
suppose he will be using dado cutters
Aye in a few months when my bank account has recovered :lol:

I did think of getting a euro style saw but I'm really glad I went with the US style. (maybe it's the norm in me?)

I haven't used the saw much yet. I've been ripping out the electrics ready for the re-wire. I feel a bit happier now with most of the dodgy wiring gone. All I have powered at the moment are the lights, alarm, one double socket and the socket for the TS/jointer.

Hopefully we can nip to B&Q at the weekend to get some MDF for the outfeed tables :D

Hi Charley

Congratulations, I'm sure that you'll enjoy it.

I just thought I would say that I am not envious of the size of your workshop. :^o

Alf":39cys5fh said:
I think it's working too, judging by the avatar.

Sorry Alf, but I feel that Charley has a new avatar on the way.

Cheers
Neil

Wish you many years of good service with your new saw.
Is it to stand permanently on the pallet? Or do you have some future plans in that direction?

Latest posts

Back