WHAT A DIFFERENCE A BLADE MADE...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andycorleone

Established Member
Reaction score
Today I received a new blade for my 10" SIP CI, I bought a cheap Perform TCT Combination Blade

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Perf ... 361829.htm

The teflon black one

when I cut Wood The noise of my saw was reduced at least by 75%, the cut is beautiful and clean I can't be more happy, I had to buy the 1" Reducing Bush to fit my Saw harbor.

If someone was thinking in upgrade the blade of a SIP Do it now without hesitation cause the diference is really noticiable. :D

Hi,

I can relate to you. I got a tablesaw from B&Q last year, one of the macallister saws, and I used it for 9 months with the stock blade. Last month I bit the bullet and spent 40 notes on a CMT combi blade from axminster.

With my ear muffs on, I can barely hear the saw, and the quality of cut is so much better. Also I noticed the saw doesn't slow down as much making heavy cuts.

michael

Hi Michael, does your mac table have the inverted router facility, and if so have you used it yet? I have had mine for 2 years and use the router as well as the table saw, a wonderful bit of kit in my opinion.
Regards Rich.

Hi Rich
I am looking for a table saw and was interested in your comments about the saws `inverted router facility`. I also want a router table for my router so wondered if this would kill two birds....?
Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve, as Iv,e said before on this forum, B&Q would not endorse the router side of the table saw because it was not "CE" cleared, but that didn,t stop me, I centred my Bosch pof 500A on the top of the router side of the tableand marked three holes corresponding with the holes in the router footplate (already tapped 6 mm) drilled clearance holes in the table and then countersunk them, inverted the router and fixed in place using three 6mm csk setscrews and then put three 6mm nuts on afterwards to ensure the setscrews could not come loose, regarding the fence for the router, A while back I bought a cheapo router table from Aldi for £25.00,not much good but the fence was ok so I removed it and fixed it to the table extension on the router side of the table, this gives me two lots of adjustment as the fence is adjustable as is the extension table, when I bought my Mac table it was £149.00 and still is here in Reading, hope this has been helpful.
Regards Rich.

Hi again Steve, forgot to mention that the router sits on the right of the blade (left tilt) whilst on the left of the blade is yet another aperture, this looks to be for an inverted jigsaw, I have not used this facility myself.
Regards Rich.

Rich":1i47amwd said:
Hi Michael, does your mac table have the inverted router facility, and if so have you used it yet? I have had mine for 2 years and use the router as well as the table saw, a wonderful bit of kit in my opinion.
Regards Rich.

Hi rich,

My mac saw doesn't have the router facility, I bought a cheap table from B&Q complete with router which works fine, although I had to rebuild the fence as it was warped plasticky thing.

In response to steve the F36527 Fox 250mm Table Saw with Stand available from rutlands has the router facility and I think it has a facility for a jigsaw as well. hope this helps

regards,

Michael

I have just bought the axminster 8" cast iron table saw (kity clone) for my new (small) workshop.

Wasn't expecting it to take up as much room as it did, so i was left short of space for my triton router table. I was thinking of hinging the router table off the wall, so it could be folded down when not needed, but after a bit of head scratching and tinkering i realised that the router table would fit where the steel side extension on the table saw should go.

I'll try and take some pics tomorrow and put them in a new thread.

Matt.

Matt1245":265ojkdt said:
router table would fit where the steel side extension on the table saw should go.

Matt.

Why not see if the router could be made to fit under/through the side extension table ? it's been done before. :)

the side table on the axminster saw is just a lightweight not very flat steel one, plus i already had the triton table.

Matt.

Hi again Rich
Can`t seem to find the Mac saw on B&Q web site now, don`t know if its still available up my neck of the woods might have to pop in store.
Like the look of that saw from Rutlands Mike, looks like it might just fit the bill, just been asked by er indoors for some ideas for crimbo....
Steve

Hi Steve, just been on the Rutlands site and looked at the F36527 you mentioned, well, it,s identical in every single way to the mac table saw I bought from B/Q, even the price is the same, so if you did purchase that saw I feel sure you will be well satisfied with it.
Regards Rich.

Back