What a day!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I got a call from SWMBO as I left work today notifying me that we had been burgled! I arrived home to find that some theiving rat had broken through the rear window and stolen 2 laptops, Sat Nav, a large quantity of the wifes and my jewelery and even a Chinese English translator! Most can be replaced of course but the jewlelery was expensive white and yellow gold and mostly gifts from relatives so not replacable. One of the laptops was mine which I use for my plans, photos, quotes and such for my woodwork and is as you can imagine irreplacable. They left prints all over the window and a pick they used to open it with so there is some hope. We also had the serial numbers of the laptops too so they may be traced. They also took the spare key to the wife's car which now means we have to change all the locks on it....it is a brand new car too! Just wish we could have caught them in the act. :twisted:

That's a real bummer Alan. You must feel quite vulnerable at the moment and not want to ever leave the house unattended again.

Hope you get back to normal soon,

regards

Brian

Hi mailee

I hope you get better results than what my 81 year old mother in law did when she was recently burgled finger print everywhere , pick up two young guys a few days later one admitted it the other would not admit to the crime although his prints were in her house so police say that is circumstantial evidence and could not charge him they stole £70 and a carving knife never found the knife .

When the one who admitted it went to court he was ordered to pay back the £70 at £5 a month and went on an awareness course to make him see the errors of his way with no fine at all . punishment hmm , make me feel sick to the stomach, :twisted: :evil: hope you do better than she did . hc

:evil: Commiserations. This is very, very, very annoying. It's happened to us in the past, and it felt like we'd been physically and mentally violated.

Sorry to hear it mailee, my house has never been burgled but have always thought how horrible it would be to be in a position like that. I hope you get things sorted out back to normal as soon as you can. :wink:

p.s. if they find the gits, a smack up the gob is in order!

Damn! Sorry to hear this Alan, i know exactly what i would
like to do to the scumbags who do this but i dare'nt put it in
print. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Well my troubles seem to pale into insignificance after the news today. Less than a mile from my home a young 21 year old pregnant woman was stabbed to death while walking to work! Her attacker just struck out of the blue without any reason? Just what is this country coming to? :cry:

Saw that on the news Alan. Very sad indeed. It could have been anyone and you do have to wonder 'Why?'

Really though words are not enough to express how we feel at such things

regards

Brian

Time to bring back hanging with a sign on the neck....
Or like they do in Arab lands ,cut off the right hand at the wrist.

Back