What a con

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. It's me again.

Looks very likely i will be getting the DeWalt fret saw from a friend of mine, just waiting for him to come back to me with a price. I just went to what I thought was the DeWalt site but got another site called my tool shed.com.uk and they had a scroll saw there that looked a little familiar. It is called an Einhell and the model number, which is a right mouthful is RT-SS120L/NDK120L. It is bright red and the retail price is £479-99 but they have it on special offer at £234-00 including VAT I might add. I read the spec and again it rang a bell as being very much like another fret saw I had looked at and sure enough it is identical. It is a SIP scroll saw, same horse, different jockey except the SIP can be had for £120. They must think we came down with yesterdays rain.

Why are they discounting it by practically 50%? Like you, I can hear alarm bells ringing. Amazon.com lists DW788s at $468 so I don't see how the Einhell can be comparable. Einhell is not a brand with which I'm familiar in the scroll saw world. I reckon you're wise to be very cautious about this.

Latest posts

Back