What’s the best glue to laminate MDF together?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neocleous

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I need to laminate two pieces of long narrow MDF together, when I have done this in the past on smaller pieces I just used regular gorilla glue spread evenly and put some heavy things on top. This has worked fine but these pieces are a full board length and only 200mm wide. Is there a better adhesive to use for this job?

Thanks

‘Best’? No idea, but I’ve always used PVA, spread out with a foam roller, and the two pieces pressed firmly together with a hard rubber roller, then clamped or weighted down.

Never had a failure

petermillard":1qfz52mm said:
‘Best’? No idea, but I’ve always used PVA, spread out with a foam roller, and the two pieces pressed firmly together with a hard rubber roller, then clamped or weighted down.

Never had a failure
Yep, straight forward PVA clamped or weighted down - Rob

I've had good success with titebond cold press glue. its definitely got a "unique" aroma. but it works really well. it's a bit less slippy than pva and forms a nice thin glue line.

PVA is fine but I'd clamp and not use heavy weights. Clamps provide huge pressure, weights don't.

Latest posts

Back