Wet/Dry Vacuum with Cord Storage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will1983

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, a year ago I bought one of these and on the power front it is really good;
https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb430 ... 240v/70472

However it doesn't have anywhere on board to store the cable or hose. This isn't a problem in the workshop but when I am working in customers homes and having to transport it it is a right pain in ones posterior!

Considering I've spent quite a bit of money on things like systainers, rail bags, a mobile work bench and folding trestles it doesn't look that professional carting a vacuum up the stairs with a cable and hose trailing behind me!

So can anyone recommend me an alternative with the aforementioned features?

Cheers
Will

will1983":m4scv76i said:
Hi guys, a year ago I bought one of these and on the power front it is really good;
https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb430 ... 240v/70472

However it doesn't have anywhere on board to store the cable or hose. This isn't a problem in the workshop but when I am working in customers homes and having to transport it it is a right pain in ones posterior!

Considering I've spent quite a bit of money on things like systainers, rail bags, a mobile work bench and folding trestles it doesn't look that professional carting a vacuum up the stairs with a cable and hose trailing behind me!

So can anyone recommend me an alternative with the aforementioned features?

Cheers
Will

I generally just pull out the hose from the vac itself, coil it, and secure with some quick release zip ties (the velcro type). Some vacs have a windup power cable thing, if not, same as above. Then you can attach the coil of hose and cable to the vac itself with some more quick release ties.

As for the tools, even if you do find a vac that has them attached, they'll probably be falling off all the time, so I think just stick them in a bag.

shed9":1e5zjsdo said:
Given you have Systainers and rail bags and the possibility you have Festool kit, why not get a Plug-it conversion for the vac;

https://www.festool.co.uk/products/work ... g-it-240-v

At least the cord problem is less of a headache and less to carry overall.

I wouldn't advise putting a plug it conversion on an extractor with power take off. Festool don't use them on their extractors or their higher powered tools ( e.g. Kapex, OF220) as the current draw is too high for the plug it leads.

Just wrap the cord and hose around the vacuum and on the last wrap leave it slightly loose and tuck the end through it and pull tight works on every wet and dry vacuum I've ever used from 15ltr right up to 150ltr ones

I’ve had the same vac for a few years. I wrap the hose round the base of the cylinder: the hose-ends are big enough to catch behind the wand sections and so don’t fall loose. The cable gets wrapped around the motor unit and the locking tabs stop it falling off. Just tuck the plug inside the outermost wrap. All seems to stay put reasonably securely.

If you’re hanging on to it I’d recommend the HEPA filter they do now, and the heavier duty bags. Catches far more fine dust than it did with the standard filter and paper bags.

Doug71":16c55bj1 said:
I wouldn't advise putting a plug it conversion on an extractor with power take off. Festool don't use them on their extractors or their higher powered tools ( e.g. Kapex, OF220) as the current draw is too high for the plug it leads.

Fair point, I didn't notice the power take off, I assumed it was just a 1400w vac, i.e. about 6amps draw.

Back