Westray Christmas Craft Fair

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linkshouse

Established Member
Reaction score
It was the Westray Christmas Craft Fair yesterday and we took a table.

It wasn't as manic as the Autumn fair so we didn't sell quite as much. To be honest we didn't have quite as much to sell! But it was a good day all the same. The whole event was a lot more relaxed with tables in the centre of the room for people to sit and enjoy free refreshments. It was fun to enjoy a bit of people watching between sales!

With a small community like Westray as Chas commented on my post about the Autumn fair there is the risk of saturation. With this in mind I had quite a few different pieces, many with a more Christmassy theme. It was right on cue that one punter looking at the items commented that they were different and she she liked "this box" better than the one she bought at the Autumn fair and wouldn't have bough the first one if she'd seen this one. She bought the second as well though, so for us, "result!".

The other key bit of information that I wanted to share with the forum though was the importance of sticking a label onto your products with your details on it. I've seen a significant spike in my website visitor stats immediately after both these two fairs.

Regards

Phill

Attachments

• christmas-fair.jpg
    christmas-fair.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 767
Claymore":3ef5ts4f said:
No Phill the one without a beard to the right of the snowman......is that a penguin? lol I know there are some strange people on them islands but when they said "Pick up a Penguin".......they meant a biscuit lol

Cheers
Brian
ps I was going to ask you..... have you seen the Northern Lights up there? always wanted to see them but last time I was up near Sutherland it was VERY cloudy.

The Northern lights have been seen in North .... Norfolk!

BugBear

Claymore":3b4m2c9t said:
No Phill the one without a beard to the right of the snowman......is that a penguin? lol I know there are some strange people on them islands but when they said "Pick up a Penguin".......they meant a biscuit lol

Cheers
Brian

I've looked and looked and I can't see what you mean. There's Mrs Santa on the left with a Christmas pudding the Snowman who with a bit of imagination could be getting some interesting action with the angel! The there is Santa. I realise I'm probably meant to be thinking a bit laterally but I can't see anything else.

ps I was going to ask you..... have you seen the Northern Lights up there? always wanted to see them but last time I was up near Sutherland it was VERY cloudy.

Oh yes...

This was taken form our back garden, looking out to sea one night, you can just see the end of my workshop encroaching on the left of the photo (I'm a rubbish photographer!).

Attachments

• northern-lights.jpg
    northern-lights.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 635
Back