Wendy / play House

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been asked by a neighbor to build two Wendy houses, one for their granddaughter who is often at their home, and one for a niece who lives around the corner - it's important that both are the same so there isn't a element of "my house is better than yours"

After looking on the web, it's clear that you can actually buy something that "will do" quite cheaply; certainly cheaper than I could build it. But I think they want something a little more than what can only be described as a mini-shed --- anyone got any plans, or links to some....

I plan to ask them to buy the materials - and then it comes to what to charge; I am not a professional woodworker - this is my hobby.

I am tempted to charge enough to buy a couple of tools for my workshop, a bandsaw perhaps...

What does the forum think?

sammo":20z7z09m said:
I have been asked by a neighbor to build two Wendy houses, one for their granddaughter who is often at their home, and one for a niece who lives around the corner - it's important that both are the same so there isn't a element of "my house is better than yours"

After looking on the web, it's clear that you can actually buy something that "will do" quite cheaply; certainly cheaper than I could build it. But I think they want something a little more than what can only be described as a mini-shed --- anyone got any plans, or links to some....
What does the forum think?

Why not do just that, buy 2 small sheds untreated, then alter them. Make a frame to go round the windows & doors to give it a more pro finish. Built a dummy chimney stack & chimney etc. Then paint it using some bright colours like in the Cuprinol country colours range etc.

Sounds like a good idea... Will do some internet searches, see what is out there; I am pretty certain that I should be able to get a couple of 4x4 sheds made from a decent grade of ship-lap cheaper than we can actually buy the materials... then as you say I can personalize it with a decent door etc...

When I see them I will float the idea, see what they think... they may after all have their hearts set on something a little more bespoke than a modified shed, not really sure as yet what their budget is...

Back