Welsh Charity Meet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathandavies

Established Member
Reaction score
After Morfa's suggestion to me on another post, I have started this as a new thread. This meeting has developed from people wanting to meet up but without a place to go. I can give a tour around my workshop for anyone interested, but the main idea is to meet up with fellow woodworkers and sell some stuff for charity.

From the original post:

A charity woodworking meet will be held on Saturday 26th September just outside Carmarthen at my workshop.

If you are interested in attending then please state below and I will contact you.

I'll start saving my offcuts, so you all need to start saving your pocket money. Materials may include MR MDF, MFC various colours, Ply etc.

We will be giving the money raised from the day to Cancer Research UK.

If this is a bad day for too many people then we may have to re-arrange.

Looking forward to hearing from people

Nathan

http://www.nathandavies.design

Count me in. I was going to head to the Screwfix show but this'll be far more interesting I reckon. If I bring my van I'll pop any spare sheets/timber that I have lying around to add to the pile.

What sort of start time we looking at?

You can put me down, always busy but willing to take a day off with like minded people, live up the west wales coast so fairly local'ish

Come on ladies and gents, prise yourselves out of your sheds and support a worthy cause, and meet some fellow woodworkers.

Those people who are coming, please bring whatever PPE you use, we'll probably turn on some of the bigger toys.

Whisky you have a PM.

Bump finished

Thanks

Nathan

http://www.nathandavies.design/

I'm not a pro and don't have many power tools, so I only have a dust mask and a pair of safety goggles, will that be enough?

Personally I use ear defenders, dust mask, glasses, and hard toed boots.

We won't be having the machines on for a long period, so the choice is yours. I'm just trying to cover my ....

Nathan

Nice idea and a for a very good cause, just seen your email Nathan, and I will be there. Are jandals acceptable safety gear? Or, do I need to bring hi-vis too? Looking forward to see that beast of a tenoner working...

sion.dovey":3qaoeqwp said:
Nice idea and a for a very good cause, just seen your email Nathan, and I will be there. Are jandals acceptable safety gear? Or, do I need to bring hi-vis too? Looking forward to see that beast of a tenoner working...

I have seen that video on youtube of you using a tenoner in your undercrackers Sion.

As long as they are steel toed jandals (had to look them up) then that's fine.

See you Saturday

Nathan

So Saturday is an 11 o'clock start.

We'll begin with a look around the workshop for those interested.

Then Berncarpenter is going to give a demo on dovetailing, and showing The David Barron tool chest, with piston fit tray and soft close lid, from a recent course he attended.

I'll be getting the hob on in the mean time for a bacon sarnie.

The silent auction of materials will run until after a sarnie and tea.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

See you Saturday.

Nathan

Looking forward to Saturday it will be good to catch up , my laptops packed up and that's why I haven't been very active on here recently .Having to use my phone for this post . I will bring my ATC site tool boxes and mini bench as well as the Barron box .
Cheers
Bern

workshop.jpg

Keep an eye out for this, it'll be at the start of our lane, we're the 2nd farm.

See you in the morning

If anyone likes really crispy bacon i'll pop it on now.

Nathan

Attachments

• workshop.jpg
    workshop.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 81
Looking forward, not sure if i've got anything apt to bring, but I thought I might bring a couple of machinery catalogues from the likes of Whites, Wilson, Wadkin & Sagar in case anyone might like a gander at them.

Latest posts

Back