well what a week cont

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomthumbtom8

Established Member
Reaction score
Well after playing around with the lathe I bought from ebay I decided to cut my losses and invest in and new lathe

So I looked on line at Axminster and the one's I'd decided on buying where all out of stock But I needed to buy a new pen blank so went to Axminster anyway and as look would have it they didn't have any lathes in stock But where willing to sell me the lathe they had on display whoo I'm now a proud owner of a Axminster 900 I must admit It's really nice and they even exchanged the junior chuck for me, Top men "great service".

OK so then I was invited to have my cheap ebay chisels sharpened for me and shown how to use the chisels.
I would like to say a really big thank you to the person that not only went out of this way to offer a helping hand but also kept me feed and watered.

But what I really learned on Monday is that I cant do this alone so I'm going to join a club and plus I found out that there is a wood turning show on the 12 13th of May in Daventry which I will be going to

Tom

Tom,
Good news - hopefully your lathe problems are over for a while and the addiction can really get established :wink:

Keep us posted
Jon

That looks to be a good lathe Tom, congratulations. Good idea to get into a club and learn. I had to DIY and finished up on a weekend course with Ian Wilkie. That ironed out some bad habits and taught me LOADS. Nice bloke too!

I have to admit that I can't remember hearing anyone has hasn't had good service from Axminster .

Back